Shipping out of and into Poole

geoff luther:

DEANB:
Some nice old photos Scan142, keep them coming !

Mr Horridges nice F12

This spanish haulier used to be a regular visitor.

Whos this Geoff ■■ Looks like a subby for Interoute ?

Another regular Hargreaves.

I dont recall this ship or even a picture of it ■■ MV Tourlaville.

The original Cotentin.

The new Cotentin.

Hi Dean I think that was Alan Kidman’s F12 for Phill Horridge. The silver F88 was owned at that time by Mike Furnell. Originally owned by Chris Moatte.The Cotentin looked different in that colour. I did go on the Tourleville a couple of times.Thanks for the pics once again keep up the good work Dean.Cheers mate.

Thanks Geoff ,i remember Mike having the wreckers on the docks !

You will remember this local Bernie Kellaway.

MV Tregastel.

MV Corbiere

For a change MV Purbeck .There seems to be far more photos of the Coutances for some reason.

DEANB:

geoff luther:

DEANB:
Some nice old photos Scan142, keep them coming !

Mr Horridges nice F12

This spanish haulier used to be a regular visitor.

Whos this Geoff ■■ Looks like a subby for Interoute ?

Another regular Hargreaves.

I dont recall this ship or even a picture of it ■■ MV Tourlaville.

The original Cotentin.

The new Cotentin.

Hi Dean I think that was Alan Kidman’s F12 for Phill Horridge. The silver F88 was owned at that time by Mike Furnell. Originally owned by Chris Moatte.The Cotentin looked different in that colour. I did go on the Tourleville a couple of times.Thanks for the pics once again keep up the good work Dean.Cheers mate.

Thanks Geoff ,i remember Mike having the wreckers on the docks !

You will remember this local Bernie Kellaway.

MV Tregastel.

MV Corbiere

For a change MV Purbeck .There seems to be far more photos of the Coutances for some reason.

Hi Dean thanks once again for the pics. I remember Bernie Kellaways trucks very well as Dave Kett. Drove a cattle wagon for him for a while. I also remember his son Paul who used to drive before he was old enough to hold a license,as was my son and Stepson,happy days that are long gone but not forgotten. Cheers mate for the memories.

A few more regulars.

poole119.PNG

Although the picture was taken at Dover this fella used to come through Poole occasionally.

poole118.PNG

Poole docks from above.

Looks like a couple of Atkins backed up to the offices and a red and white Crusader in the lanes, in the last pic.

Suedehead:
Looks like a couple of Atkins backed up to the offices and a red and white Crusader in the lanes, in the last pic.

Good old Atkins.

I love the restricted operator licence jearide were using,lol

Last time I went out of Poole it was on this.

Corbiere.jpg

And returned on this.

Corbier had a solid reutation as a party boat before she ever got to Truck line. She used to be on Sheerness - Vlissingen for the Olau Line.
Serious parties on that crossing!

David

David Miller:
Corbier had a solid reutation as a party boat before she ever got to Truck line. She used to be on Sheerness - Vlissingen for the Olau Line.
Serious parties on that crossing!

David

That was the smoothest voyage I have ever been on, 14 hours and the sea was like a mirror, we never saw even a ripple in the water for the entire journey, the return trip however was in a force 10 storm LOL.

Pat Hasler:

And returned on this.

That was a few years ago then Pat.

A few more regulars.

ECT’s F89

poole120.PNG

Good old Cadwalladers.

From memory the chap that drove this was a owner driver for Mathers ?

poole140.PNG

542662_4920761691457_1356151637_n.jpg

DEANB:

Pat Hasler:

And returned on this.

A few more regulars.

ECT’s F89

Well done once again Dean when this lot were regulars Poole was in its Hey day its a bit different these days.Keep on finding them mate Cheers Geoff
Good old Cadwalladers.

DEANB:

Pat Hasler:

And returned on this.

A few more regulars.

ECT’s F89

Good old Cadwalladers.

That looks nice ! A bit more inviting than when I used to eat and drink there. :laughing: No drivers, thats why ! :laughing:
Is the food still good ?

geoff luther:

The food was great but a lot more expensive. Matosinhos has gone upmarket since we were regulars in there but it was great to remenice with Pat Luckman,Bob Jarrett,Keith Lovell and Shaun Hammond.

geoff luther:

Hello Geoff,

Did you drive that F88 ■■ Cant say i remember that company.

Some over head shots of Poole docks ! If you had not been there for 20 years you would not
recognise how the dock road and dock area has changed.

truckline23.jpg

Framptons coming off the boat.

DEANB:

geoff luther:

Hello Geoff,

Did you drive that F88 ■■ Cant say i remember that company.

Some over head shots of Poole docks ! If you had not been there for 20 years you would not
recognise how the dock road and dock area has changed.

Hi Dean some great pics of Poole,I don,t suppose there are any from when the sea was reclaimed to build the Terminal.I only ask as I was an owner operater of a tipper at the time and we used to do seven loads a day from Swanworth Quarries at Worth Matravers to make the Bunds around the area so that the dredgers could pump ballast inside them. I expect your uncle can remember some of the other O/D tipper drivers from around the area ie Steve Garland from Wimborne,Geoff King Ferndown and Harry Cole {H.J.Cole)Kinson. Back then it was a bit like the Hell drivers film as we had to contend with holiday makers and level crossing at Wareham. I did drive the Volvo F88 for Barry Davis for a while,he was a mate of Reg Bugler who I also drove for,Keep up the good work with the pics cheers Geoff

Framptons coming off the boat.