Shiny Tank

As the title im wanting to get my fuel tank to shine a little. Now i know for the products to use but I’m wondering if theres a way to get what seems to be years of embedded dirt on the tank regardless how much i scrub it it wont shift.

Seen a few pictures of folk whove took a grinder to the tank but that’s out the question .Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Use brillos and/or wet and dry to get it flat, then start with autosol by hand, onto white diamond, then finish with meguires/auto glym. Use clean micro fibres for the finishing stages, and always use the palm of your hand in an up and down motion for the last few strokes, NEVER use your fingers at the finishing stage. If you can’t avoid, use a rubbing down block. Polish a tank in the same way you would prep a car for paint :wink:

Cheers for that! Trying to get the lorry ready for Newark. Fair bit away but having just got this wagon. Got to show its worth taking. :laughing:

Cheers

Would Longs not get it done for you at the next service ? You won’t know if you don’t ask .
Regards. John.

Don’t really like to ask if i can do it myself mate, apparently the 2 drivers already taking the trucks to the shows only want people who are serious about it apparently! So I’ll be putting my request in with a picture of a near finished product!

Cheers

Ah I see that’s fair enough Jonny. Anyway you’ve already had some good advice, especially the bit about using the palm of your hand in an up and down movement for the final strokes :slight_smile: :wink:
Regards. John.

1200 wet and dry, then polish. You can use fingers, but at a 45 deg angle, otherwise you will end up with 4 furrows. :smiley:

old 67:
Ah I see that’s fair enough Jonny. Anyway you’ve already had some good advice, especially the bit about using the palm of your hand in an up and down movement for the final strokes :slight_smile: :wink:
Regards. John.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Britemax metal twins and superfine steel wool.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/metal-polishes-and-sealants.html

A.

Cheers for the advice everyone. Much appreciated.
20150625_122150 by jonnytruckfest1, on Flickr

Keep an eye out for mine. Soon have my nameplate zip tied to the grill :sunglasses:

Cheers

Save some elbow grease and buy the polishing wheels from halfords.

seth 70:

old 67:
Regards. John.

Glad it wasn’t just Me who has a gutter mind :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

eddie snax:

seth 70:

old 67:
Regards. John.

Glad it wasn’t just Me who has a gutter mind :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

6 year old motor

took only 7 hrs!
used buffing kit from ebay (25-30£) + autosol

White Diamond

I also use White Diamond.

Are companies that short of work that there drivers can spend time cleaning fuel tanks?

mac12:
Are companies that short of work that there drivers can spend time cleaning fuel tanks?

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mac12:

All very sad,why do they do it■■?,brownie points from the boss??

jonnytruckfest:
apparently the 2 drivers already taking the trucks to the shows only want people who are serious about it apparently!

Cheers

Who do these pricks think they are? If you want to show yours why do they get an opinion? Judging from your photo, it’s good enough to show as it is mate. Just as interesting in a well looked after condition, tale that F88 log wagon; No where near “show standard” but I bet it gives as much enjoyment to people as the ponce-mobiles.
FWIW I could’ve washed my wagon and shown it today, wouldn’tve looked out of place and I’ve never polished mine.