Shetland Transport

I see that Shetland Transport in Glasgow are advertising for drivers again.
Money seems not bad and from what I’ve seen their kit is all quite new.
Does anybody know what they are like to work for as they seem to advertise every 2-3 months?

James

i dont know much about them but they do running to europe but not sure if they still doing over the water ?

Betz:
i dont know much about them but they do running to europe but not sure if they still doing over the water ?

one of theirs was in macon about a month ago ben, so theya re still doing european

jimuck:
I see that Shetland Transport in Glasgow are advertising for drivers again.
Money seems not bad and from what I’ve seen their kit is all quite new.
Does anybody know what they are like to work for as they seem to advertise every 2-3 months
the moneys not good i can get £32000 A YEAR and be home evrey weekend with them its pick a month you think u may be back for a 45 hour break for £25000 thats why they advertise unless you ve no ties forget the job it doesnt work

I have known the transport manager Tom Brown over 20 years he was an ex driver and a decent bloke

Not that decent if that’s all he’s paying…

Thanks for the replies, I phoned them anyway but nothing available at the moment. Will let you know if anything turns up in the new year & I get a interview.

dont know youre history but if youve just passed youre test .would aim my sight a bit lower if i was u no disrespect meant just companys like this wont look at you if you havent got good experience they neeed guys that know the job simple as (dont sit by the phone) theres plenty more out there :laughing:

I work alongside Shetland transport every day in Shetland and I have nothing but praise for them, their drivers are very friendly and very professional, and they are very good to work for. I would jump at the chance if a position came up!

jimuck:
Does anybody know what they are like to work for as they seem to advertise every 2-3 months?

That says it all :wink:

pm scanny77 he used to do runs for them on the agency irc :wink:

scania245:
dont know youre history but if youve just passed youre test .would aim my sight a bit lower if i was u no disrespect meant just companys like this wont look at you if you havent got good experience they neeed guys that know the job simple as (dont sit by the phone) theres plenty more out there :laughing:

Very true (apart from the “there’s plenty more out there” bit). Shetland won’t take on anyone who’s got less than at least five years experience - and they’ll need to have European experience.

As someone else mentioned on here also, if you like your weekends, or indeed have a social life at all - Shetland Transport is not for you!

£25k is dreadful money for the hours and weeks away you’ll do for them. When a company advertises as regularly as they do, it’s red flag time.

:exclamation: :exclamation:

briantwigley:
I work alongside Shetland transport every day in Shetland and I have nothing but praise for them, their drivers are very friendly and very professional, and they are very good to work for. I would jump at the chance if a position came up!

Shetland Transport, Shetland & Aberdeen are run as different companies. A Lot better pay and a decent manager as well. Coatbridge is run by Mr Tom Brown & Andy (decent lad) as for the other yes ex Owner Driver and ex company owner (■■■■ up both times).
How Shetland put up with him god only knows…

Unless your one of his Blue eyed boys / YES MEN you get all the crap to do…

Aberdeen lads wont even look at him