Sherran's ... and other Manchester firms

I have know doubt someone on here will remember him mancmonkey just keep logging in and by the way welcome to trucknet.There are a few C&F photos on this thread maybe your Dad drove one of them during his time with them.

Thanks, He was transport and plant manager at Connel’s, he purchased the Mack truck brand new ,thats on some of these pics.

is that dave that set up nr blackpool used to move his cranes years ago

bob-lad, yep thats him. we had a crane hire company in Poulton le fylde. who did you pull for?

worked for chris Bennett for years had a mate worked for you called paul Harrison do you remember him

Name rings a bell, Dad would know him. He’s retired now, lives in Fleetwood and spends his days fishing!.

Dont suppose you have any pics of any of the cranes loaded on your trailer?

Mr ,Stanfield ,That pic of the Lad cab Dodge tipper is spot on , we ran two ex the same with Perkins R 6 ,Just a bit of useless info ,Cheers Barry

no sorry but im sure ive seen one tho

Quickmix used to have a plant on Crabtree Lane in the Clayton area of Manchester during the late 60s.I remember my dad when he was on for Thomas Lambs running stone into there yard.Also Langley Rd Salford and Heywood.
flickr.com/photos/39624596@N02/

pp O’Connor`s from irlam

107 (640x360).jpg

Whats with the change of livery on the Scania- kasmiks

Stanfield:
Whats with the change of livery on the Scania- kasmiks

it was just done to be a bit more modern looking.

I know its not Manchester but its only a stones throw away, Regards Larry.

David Hall of Bury, that’s a nice photo and a reminder of what was a sizeable fleet, very much a Commer two-stroke stronghold, rigids and artics. Went into the TDG stable of companies IIRC.

Impressive set of photos, John.

Stockport just outside of the Manchester border but near enough to add to this thread :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone remember this firm they were based at the Snipe on Manchester rd Audenshaw behind what was the Snipe transport cafe next to the Snipe colliery during the 60s.All that area is now a retail park and also part of the M60. (photo belongs to James Owen) flickr.com/photos/133215312@N03/

Cheetham Transport Audenshaw.jpg

Foden reg HGB631 belonging to Contractors Ltd Stockport (Edward Becks) loading at W T Glovers cables Trafford Park .Photo from Glovers archives on net.

Manchester Evening News vans parked at Broughton Salford 1955.

MEN parked at Broughton Salford.jpg
MEN parked at Broughton.jpg