Sherborne dorset

Got a delivery to hunts foodservice in Sherborne tomorrow. Anyone know the best way in in a 44 tonne artic? Be coming along the a303 from the m3.

Others may say different, but if it was me, I would exit the 303 and take the A37 into Yeovil, follow signs for Sherborne A30.

At end of dual carriageway approaching Sherborne at the lights turn right, straight thru the next set and then turn right at junction at end of the road, signed Dorchester, go over railway bridge, up the hill, take first left (nasty turn) then first left again downhill over the level crossing, join a road from your left and immediately turn right (signed car and coachparks) follow this to the end (it’s a cul-de-sac) past the terraced houses on your left and Hunts entrance is in front of you, go thru yard to far end and round the side of the building, follow round to left and the yard with the loading bays opens out. Usually enough room to screw round. Make sure you arrive before one though, they can get a bit chopsy if much later than that and if after two, forget it. Toilets are clean, coffee machines available etc.

In my experience, I’ve had no problem although sometimes I’ve had to wait for a half hour or so before a forkie can be found.

Hope this helps.

There is a signed exit off the 303 to Sherborne but to my recollection it has a 17t limit on it but I stand to be corrected on that.

The route described is the only one for Hunts, the rest of the town apart from the A30 is 7.5t, so you’ll have to leave the same way back over the level crossing.

Thanks. Bang on.

Don’t use the exit off the 303 signed Sherborne it’s a ■■■■■ of a road.

I live in Sherborne, above directions are perfect.

Hunts is a good tip. Overnight parking at Culverhayes car park if you’re empty (can’t run fridge)

No decent stops for food that are easy with a lorry though.

Double post

whats wrong with A350 down to shaftsbury the A30 come into sherbourne from other side save 30/45 mins from going all way to yeovil !! test your driving skills aswell !!!

The 350 is a good road used to run back along it every night from Sturminster Marshall to Frome. A303 to Yeovil- A30 Yeovil Sherborne is a better route for fuel numbers and easier it it’s your first time into Hunts.

Also the A30 through Sherborne has road works ATM so staying off it is probably best.

While were on the subject A36 is a great road at night.