Shepton mallet delivery?

Hi chaps, not familiar with the south west and have a delivery to Shepton mallet show ground tomorrow. From the north would the best route be m5,m4,m32 and in that way or go further down the m5 to junction 23 and across the a39 (I think) not sure about low bridges that’s all. thanks for any info. Postcode is ba4 6qn

I go to Shepton Mallet regularly, I go M32 A37 not to bad a road, follow the M32 to the end go left towards Temple Meads station get in the middle lane up the hill and that’s the A37 which takes you there,be careful when you go through Farringon Gurney as you need to go left on the A37 and not straight on to Wells It’s only a small junction and not very well signposted.

mike68:
I go to Shepton Mallet regularly, I go M32 A37 not to bad a road, follow the M32 to the end go left towards Temple Meads station get in the middle lane up the hill and that’s the A37 which takes you there,be careful when you go through Farringon Gurney as you need to go left on the A37 and not straight on to Wells It’s only a small junction and not very well signposted.

Hiya…i used to do Yeovil area years ago from Stoke .i always did mike68 route. i also loaded gurney slade many
times . same trip back home.low briges are further south at 15ft but an easy diversion. one bridge near Gillingham at 13ft4. thats miles away
John

Many thanks, I’ll go m32. Cheers.

Going through Bristol shouldn’t be a problem outside the rush hours; get in the centre lane around Temple Meads (A37) ASAP but beware of the usual idiots on both sides; might be best to block off 2 inside lanes to discourage suiciders on the bends if poss. Also beware of trucks coming up the hill at Pensford (just out of Bristol to the South) as well as Temple Cloud (a few miles further on) - it’s a bit narrow for 2 wide vehicles to pass in some places there. The A37 is a bit up and down so brakes and power will come into play. The very last bit - most of the entrances to the showgroound are off the A371. Just follow the sat nav really.

M32 A37. Through Shepton. At the sheep round about straight over. At the next roundabout 1st exit. Show ground on the right. Snack van on the left is decent

Tipper Tom:
M32 A37. Through Shepton. At the sheep round about straight over. At the next roundabout 1st exit. Show ground on the right. Snack van on the left is decent

Try not to miss your turning as places are limited for spinning round.

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:

Try not to miss your turning as places are limited for spinning round.

If you fail you’ll get it round on the first left past the show ground or at evercreech (4 miles)

A371 has signs saying Road Closed, but that is at Castle Cary. You will not be going that far, not unless you overshoot by about 2-3 miles :smiley:

Thanks all again.

SWEDISH BLUE:
A371 has signs saying Road Closed, but that is at Castle Cary. You will not be going that far, not unless you overshoot by about 2-3 miles :smiley:

More like 6 or 7 and they’re on about opening a lane up before the end of the month

Tipper Tom:

SWEDISH BLUE:

More like 6 or 7 and they’re on about opening a lane up before the end of the month

I’ll be glad when it’s done as it can be a handy road sometimes especially as we go to Shepton Mallet a lot, they’re certainly dragging it out.

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:

SWEDISH BLUE:

I’ll be glad when it’s done as it can be a handy road sometimes especially as we go to Shepton Mallet a lot, they’re certainly dragging it out.

What diversion are you using at the moment?

Tipper Tom:

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Depends where we’re coming from but using the A303 then A37 if coming from Southampton for example or if coming back from Wincanton then A303 and A358 to Taunton.

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Depends where we’re coming from but using the A303 then A37 if coming from Southampton for example or if coming back from Wincanton then A303 and A358 to Taunton.

Assuming your only in a normal artic and not anything extravagant then Bruton and back onto the 371 saves miles

Remember, Bruton is 7.5 limit :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Remember, Bruton is 7.5 limit :open_mouth:

Yes it is and if you turn off the 371 at wyke champflower and follow that you end up by the garage in Bruton about 10 feet inside the weight limit then right and by the time your half way across the road you’re out the weight limit. That or 30 mile detour

As the others have said going through Bristol.It is not too bad.Seems to flow ok at busy times.
South of Bristol does have some tight spots.Coming down in to Pensford i slow to 20mph to allow for any trucks.No room for two.
A few miles before Shepton,more narrow bits and corners to watch out for.
For overnight parking you have Mendip Avenue near Shepton.By the garden centre.Some park in the car park.Space to turn is ok.Cafe in there too.
Or on Crown estate.
With Framptons foods ktd on your right,go past the factory and turn right before the traffic lights.Room to spin round and park.Food van there called Meal Machine.
If parked there,you have two pubs on the main road.Or Whitstones fish and vhip shop.Sit down restaurant or take away.Indian restaurant in town and large 24 hour Tesco.Chinese take away and more pubs.

When coming in to Shepton with the Babycham drinks factory on the right,at the traffic lights on the left is the Charlton Inn.In the car park there is a decent Turkish food van:Pizza,kebabs ect.The owner of the pub does not mind if you bring in the food and eat inside the pub as they have an agreement.
Going further past the Charlton is The Thatched Inn.The meals sre not cheap,but the ales and cider is good and the log fire and ambience.
At Whitsones fish and chip shop,there are tables and chairs to sit down to eat take away food.
If sat in the restaurant part the price is slightly higher for waitress service.
If you want to avoid Bristol city centre.There is another way by going further down the M5 exit at Avonmouth then follow the A4 to connect to the A37 to Shepton.

A lot of your posts revolve around food Toby you should write some kind of restaurant guide for the traveling person.