Shell pluspoints/driver club points

Shell reward you with 1 point for every litre of fuel purchased. They don’t tell you that the max points for any one transaction is 125 points. So if you fill up with 400 ltrs, you receipt says you have been awarded points equivalent to 400 ltrs .You have only been awarded 125 points. This is fact as I sent an email to Shell and they confirmed this. So now I put in 125 ltrs ,switch off the pump and put another 125 ltrs etc,etc.

They don’t tell you that the max points for any one transaction is 125 points

They do mention it somewhere, but it’s not obvious.

I’ve got twin tanks and they cannot join the two pumps on one ticket, therefore I get 250l at a time.

You get a better deal with Shell airmiles. 5 trips to the states proves it :smiley:

8wheels:

They don’t tell you that the max points for any one transaction is 125 points

They do mention it somewhere, but it’s not obvious.

I’ve got twin tanks and they cannot join the two pumps on one ticket, therefore I get 250l at a time.

It was in the small print of the new booklets when they changed from ‘pluspoints’ to ‘drivers club’.
Its still a rip off.

It says ERF not RAF:
Shell reward you with 1 point for every litre of fuel purchased. They don’t tell you that the max points for any one transaction is 125 points. So if you fill up with 400 ltrs, you receipt says you have been awarded points equivalent to 400 ltrs .You have only been awarded 125 points. This is fact as I sent an email to Shell and they confirmed this. So now I put in 125 ltrs ,switch off the pump and put another 125 ltrs etc,etc.

I hadn’t realised this. What a rip-off. I guess they don’t want those dirty truckers making any extra money on the side do they? :imp: :imp: :unamused:

Mind you, you have to feel sorry for Shell, there isn’t much money in oil thesae days. :open_mouth:

If you buy over 200ltrs per month then you get double points on everything anyway.

I also seem to remember that if you buy something like 350ltrs then you get 700 points for every set of 350 purchased, with no maximum. As far as I recall anyway.

Alex

Scarab:
If you buy over 200ltrs per month then you get double points on everything anyway.

Yeah, but I’d rather get double points on every litre I purchase rather than having a limit. Yes ,you do get double points on everything, but as I said earlier there is a limit on ‘everything’ of 125 points, so if you are entitled to double points and fill up eg 500 ltrs you will only get 250 points as this is double your transaction limit. I hope that makes some sense.

And there was me happily collecting my Shell plus points when the gaffer announces that he’s switching to a cheaper deal with BP. Part of said cheaper deal is not being able to use a Nectar card or take advantage of any other promotions. He’s got to pay for his new Range Rover somehow, I suppose… :frowning:

Inselaffe:
And there was me happily collecting my Shell plus points when the gaffer announces that he’s switching to a cheaper deal with BP. Part of said cheaper deal is not being able to use a Nectar card or take advantage of any other promotions. He’s got to pay for his new Range Rover somehow, I suppose… :frowning:

It must be a good deal as every BP I’m aware of is more expensive than Shell.Most Shell seem to be at least 2p per litre cheaper.

It says ERF not RAF:

Inselaffe:

It must be a good deal as every BP I’m aware of is more expensive than Shell.Most Shell seem to be at least 2p per litre cheaper.

I’ll second that. When my fuel card company e-mail me my weekly price they always include the BP price even though I haven’t got a BP card :confused: (I think it is a standard e-mail) and they are always more expensive than my usual card. :unamused: