shell fuel

hi all,anyone had a prob with shell diesel.?I have a scania s650,approx 2 month ago ,when the truck was cold,dhe was missing on an injector,once warmed up all was ok.Only shell fuel has ever been in the truck.Truck was checked over by scania,fuel sent away to a 3rd party chemist,fuel came back with high sulpher content &particles of dirt.The outcome was 8 new injectors ,and a bil to me for 4k.Also shes out of warranty
i have been running on shell only for the last 10 years plus,on all my v8s.So just trying to get some answers.thanks dave.

I would be approaching Shell, with a sample analysis from your regular fuel stop and 2 others, plus as much evidence as you can…

It took 3 months for Tesco to admit they had to much silicone in there fuel which was frying O2 sensors a few years ago.

Devil’s Advocate:.
If the fuel is to blame, how come only one vehicle is affected?
Checked fuel in other vehicles also?

Franglais:
Devil’s Advocate:.
If the fuel is to blame, how come only one vehicle is affected?
Checked fuel in other vehicles also?

A very good point from the defense. To which would be added does sir have any other evidence to prove his claim, as we haven’t had any other reports of,our products being not up to specifications.

the reason there are no other vehicles involved is becsuse im a o/d .There are about 4 shell sites that i use,so im ■■■■■■ in the wind.If i was using soley 1,i could back it up with receipts,milage etc.Alot of big companies would just crack on say nothing,its a o/d thing we like to dig.Ive just heard of a shell in my area,taxi drivers tthought they were getting v power,they wasnt.Collective claim went in,sorted!

If you only use one location, have a sample and can prove it then you might get somewhere, otherwise you’ll be chucking good money after bad. Presumably the contents of the tank were binned and the tank cleaned out? If its out of your own bulk storage then good luck.

i said i only use 4 sites,and if i had used site i could have a point.And i dont have my own storage tank!

davev8500:
the reason there are no other vehicles involved is becsuse im a o/d .There are about 4 shell sites that i use,so im ■■■■■■ in the wind.If i was using soley 1,i could back it up with receipts,milage etc.Alot of big companies would just crack on say nothing,its a o/d thing we like to dig.Ive just heard of a shell in my area,taxi drivers tthought they were getting v power,they wasnt.Collective claim went in,sorted!

I would go along with DAVE, if he has only filled the tank himself, he will know it is only Shell used in the vehicle. I never used anything other than BP Ultimate in my motorbike and it convinced me it was better than the other bike that had everything in the tank.

How old is the unit?

You say 4 sites? Are these sites close together, or strewn across the country far and wide?

Missing an injector when cold sounds like either the glow plug is dying, a mismatched spray pattern could cause issues but it wouldn’t “miss”, it would give a little puff of smoke…