Shell Fuel Tanker Drivers

just wondering if you guys can tell me the difference between Shell V Power petrol and shell optimum as there is about 16p a litre difference in price and I wonderd if there was any difference.

Cheers
Mark

Never heard of ‘shell optimum’, additives are usually the differences in fuels. V-power is higher octane, used for performance, cleaning etc. our local shell garage only do ‘v-power’ & ‘fuelsave’ in both petrol & diesel.

V power is refined product, where others such as BP Ulimate is high dosed additive. So these products attract high pump prices. I think you may be referring to Shell optimax which was the original name for v power but She’ll had to change the name due to another company who had the name patented I believe.

Ok thanks guys I just wanted to make sure I wasnt being ripped off by paying the higher premium price for V power fuel when it was the same as the cheap unleaded.

Premium unleaded is a higher octane, at least 97 RON, than normal unleaded which is 95 RON.

Esso Supreme is 97, BP Ultimate is 98, Tesco Momentum99 and Shell V-Power are 99 RON.
BP also do a stupidly expensive 102 RON unleaded which is available in a very limited number of locations.

But it is always marked on the pump so you know what octane fuel you are buying.

mark2:
Ok thanks guys I just wanted to make sure I wasnt being ripped off by paying the higher premium price for V power fuel when it was the same as the cheap unleaded.

In my opinion, you are…I used the V-power stuff for a couple of months and noticed no difference in mpg or performance… A bottle of fuel additive/cleaner stuff probably does the same job of cleaning the injectors and a slightly less aggressive driving style does no end for improving mpg! :wink: