Shell Fuel Cards

Anyone had problems with these? For the second time now, I’ve entered my pin to be told “incorrect pin” when I clearly know it isn’t. Both times it happened at local filling stations rather than proper services. Boss is having to get my third card in 14 months sent out, it seems they go wrong after about 6. The card is kept in my tachodisc wallet away from the digicard etc.

We use shell at our local filling get station but never really had a problem with them. Cards are old as well. Sometimes they take more than one swipe but other than that fine on whole

Never had a problem

sure there is only 1 card in truck ■■

i did suffer this embarrassment once when i didnt realise an extra card had been placed in cab . was therefore entering wrong pin .

boss had to pay over phone with debit card . not happy .

when i got back in cab first thing i saw was my original card .

whoops

Never had any problems, or never known of any with our lot.

NickW88:
We use shell at our local filling get station but never really had a problem with them. Cards are old as well. Sometimes they take more than one swipe but other than that fine on whole

Double swiping yes, surprised that some garages don’t ask for pin and just swipe them. The loyalty points thing is so hit and miss I’ve given up handing the points card over now.

I use one as my main card for buying fuel, all over Europe (including the UK, if I absolutely must). Never had a problem.

boredwivdrivin:
sure there is only 1 card in truck ■■

i did suffer this embarrassment once when i didnt realise an extra card had been placed in cab . was therefore entering wrong pin .

boss had to pay over phone with debit card . not happy .

when i got back in cab first thing i saw was my original card .

whoops

Nope, I have my own card with my name and company name on.

Our firm has Allstar ones. Bit of a lottery most nights as to whether it will get declined or not for no apparent reason. Luckily I have a personal one with my name on it as a back-up.