Shell Drivers Club

Just logged in to the site and there are new T’s & C’s to accept.

No longer satisfied with capping transactions for points at 125 litres and giving you double points on the 1st 400 litres every month they are now only giving away 1 point per litre and still capping at 125 litres per transaction.

When I started using Shell about 6 years ago it was great, no cap and double points on everything once you’d had 100 litres in a month.

I’ve noted the balances on my 6 cards and will top them up at the new crap rates to get what I’ve already accumulated then switch over to BP.

Yes, don’t blame you for switching - you should get the max litreage in points if your a regular customer. Oh well it still a little privelage for me as the company I work for regularly, haven’t blocked the points (as some companies have); though cutting it from max 250 and not doubling would suggets Shell are taking a bigger hit with this than they first thought.

When I was on for DHL, the 2 tanks of juice I got for the car every quarter were most welcome. Owt for nowt and all that.
Perks of the job are disappearing almost daily, but I still have my New Balance 20% discount card, so all is not lost I suppose. :unamused:

They’re not the only ones cutting back.

BP at Moto services have just put the meal vouchers up to 50p per 75 litres.

When I started on here 20 months ago it was 50p per 50 litres.

I used to get enough for a free meal a week but don’t bother with them now especially as Moro diesel is amongst the expensive in the country.

The nectar points are still worth collecting but even they changed from a points per pound to points per litre basis.

The best deal on extras available is the esso points but there are hardly any esso stations left on the motorways in my part if the world.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up on the shell card ages ago. Rewards weren’t worth it

how much denzil have you got to buy to get something free then? i’ve just got a shell fuel card

I think it works out at about 0.5% rebate but they cap the transactions at 125l so if you put 400 in then they really shaft you.

Just found when using a new Shell company card that Shell are introducing a new scheme where owners get a discount on fuel purchases rather than their drivers collecting bonus points. :frowning:
If you’ve still got an old card you can always go twice on the pump to get more points ie: 125ltrs…stop…125ltrs+, think you can only do it twice though.

I gave up on the shell card ages ago. Rewards weren’t worth it

Surely if you elected for money off fuel vouchers any money saved on fuel must be worth it nowadays.

I think you can fill up 3 times in one day but realistically that’s just going to ■■■■ off the cashier and your employer by making more work. The reward scheme just isn’t worth bothering with any more.

On the plus side my Nectar balance is rocketing.

Just got one for £34.50 down by £15.50 the past 4 i’ve had be4

But £34.50 is better then nothing

I gave up on Shell ages ago.

Does anyone know why some employers block the points?

With my last employer, we had a BP card, couldn’t credit any points with that either!

forget the bleeding cards, Tebay truckstop do meal vouchers and free coffees with diesel…

Trukkertone:
forget the bleeding cards, Tebay truckstop do meal vouchers and free coffees with diesel…

I’d do well out of that, I’d use so much diesel just getting there from Essex.

motosnape:

With my last employer, we had a BP card, couldn’t credit any points with that either!

My ex-employer blocked the points, he then went on to collect the points himself by asking us for the reciepts and cashing them in for himself! :imp:

Thanks for the heads up about Shell now, no wonder this quarter’s points are down. :cry:

I don’t get points on my shell cards ! If it begins with 7000 there are no points, on the old system the till operator had to manually check your card and most couldn’t be bothered to check but Shell cottoned on and changed the tills to do it automatically !

Anyone remember those stamps they used to give at Shell stations in the late 1980’s? If you filled up a truck you used to get a ten or twelve foot long strip of them. You used to have to fill a card with them and when you had so many cards you could claim a gift from a catalogue. I got a hi-fi, a camera, a kettle, a fleece and too much other stuff to remember.

Harry Monk:
Anyone remember those stamps they used to give at Shell stations in the late 1980’s? If you filled up a truck you used to get a ten or twelve foot long strip of them. You used to have to fill a card with them and when you had so many cards you could claim a gift from a catalogue. I got a hi-fi, a camera, a kettle, a fleece and too much other stuff to remember.

green shield stamps !!! got myself set up in my first flat with those , kettle , pans ,iron , plates etc my dad used to come home with rolls of the things , used to make us sick by the end of the evening licking the bloody things till me mam came up with the bathroom sponge :laughing:

jx

motosnape:

I think most employers block the points from your card as it means they will probably get their fuel that bit cheaper by opting out of promotions.

On rigids I’II go into a Sainsbury’s petrol station and collect the nectar points, although you don’t get so many now, if the canopy is high enough. Some of the bigger stores have pretty high canopies and a lot of forecourt space but not really enough for artics and it wouldn’t be worth the aggro of dropping the trailer.

Tescos never seem to have much canopy height or forecourt space.

Maybe they are cutting back on perks to help pay for the mess
that they have made in the Nigerian delta.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14391015

Scumbagwarmongeringpollutingmercanaryhiringgitbags