Shell Drivers Club - Theiving bunch of

I noticed that on my online statement one of my recent transactions had only registered 134 points for a 111 litre fill up, I emailed Shell to find out why and got this response.

Dear Mr McDonald,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the Shell Drivers’ Club.

We kindly inform you that due to a recent change which is also stated on our terms and conditions on our website,you will get double points only for the first 400 litres of fuel purchase in a month rather than getting double points for all purchases for the month.Please check our Terms and Conditions on our website

If you have any further queries please visit our website at driversclub@shell.co.uk . Alternatively, Shell Drivers’ Club Customer Services are available on the telephone number, 08459 006 008.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Department

Shell Drivers’ Club

I replied

That’ll be because you are a bunch of cheapskates who begrudge giving something back to drivers who choose to use your sites rather than the competition, well thank you very much.

looks like I’ll be getting about 6 more cards then.

Dont forget that the maximum points per transaction is 125, even if you put 1000 ltrs in. I click the pump off at 125ltrs then put another 125ltrs in. So I get 250 points as thats 2 transactions. You can only use the points card no more than 3 times a day… So put 3 lots of 125ltrs in and get 3 lots of points.

I’m well versed in the 125 litres per transaction. Luckily my 6 wheeler has twin tanks and I only do 1200-1500km per week so I can be selective about where I refuel using a pump on either side for a pair of 125’s. Didn’t know about the 3 times in one day though.

As a man of principle I’d boycott them completely but my alternative is BP and they give naff all on their bunker cards. I shall just collect about 5 or 6 more cards registered to other fictious members of my family and run each up to 400 litres a month. That way I won’t lose out.

Don’t BP still give Nectar points? Its nice at Christmas if you have plenty on the card cos Argos and Sainsbury’s take them. I almost paid for my Christmas shopping in 2007 thanks to Nectar. :laughing:

They don’t award them with the BP fuel cards that we have sadly. The best card I ever had was an Allstar card so I could fill my wagon anywhere, handily the yard was about 1/2 mile from both Tesco and Sainsburys which both had good forecourts.

Many moons ago we used have Jet fuel cards(dont ask) they used to give us back CASH ! only few stations gave the HGV drivers it but it was nice while it lasted
think it wasa max £20 a time