Shell Drivers Card

Has anybody got one? I have as my boss doesn’t have fuel cards as such, but company debit card for buying diesel (and spares if I’m stuck etc) and there are more Shell garages than any other nearby. Thing is, the wife and I have tried to register the card over the last few days, and the site doesn’t even attempt to load. Is it a con? All I get in the garage is a load of coupons about buying some crap Lego for a couple of quid.
Another thing on the subject of Shell, is V Power Nitro petrol/diesel actually any different to the premium fuel, except the higher price?

The card/points system isn’t a con, you don’t very much for your points, Morrisons have one of the best loyalty schemes. Must be a technical problem on the shell site.

As for the Nitro/V Power, it is different but I can’t say that I noticed a difference in the car, I very much doubt a truck would see improved fuel economy on it, otherwise they would have the option at HGV pumps. I believe the main difference is it keeps the engine lubricated/cleaner hence a cleaner burn. Probably no different to a bit of red-ex except it is 10ppl more expensive.

moneysupermarket.com/car-ins … icroscope/

I collect the Shell Driver’s points. It’s not a con. They build up slowly, but every quarter I get £10 of free fuel for my car.

At the end of the day it’s free money for doing your job, you would be mad not to do it.

I have a point card not a con every quarter get sent vouchers

Not sure if the v power is any different or not but I do collect the lego for my son ( even if he is 25 :laughing: :laughing: )

I’ve got one as one of my agency clients uses Shell fuel cards. One thing I noticed is that although its supposed to be a point a litre, checking the balance and transactions online it limits it to 125 per transaction so no 250+ points a night. :imp:

Still, a £2.50 off voucher for every 500 points it only takes 4 nights a week to rack that up. I know its not a lot in the grand scheme of things but its money for nothing.

Cards beginning with the number 700 do not collect points. The company gets a discount on the pump price. I was getting oodles of points per month until we were issued new cards, last vouchers I had were for £180 of Argos, that was a year ago now…not a bean since even though i still present the drivers card at every transaction. Conor is correct, they cut down on the points per litre as as well.

I’ve just registered one online and it makes you pick what you want , fuel vouchers , travel vouchers etc , as someone said restricted to 125 points for hgv , better than nothing though

I just been given a euro shell card what’s to stop you just putting 125 l in at a time and repeat till full?

Err the arseache of having to go in and pay each time?!

Let’s say you are clever and put 125lt in, then return the nozzle and go again and do another 125lt, and repeat until full. When you go in and say pump number 10 please, the dude behind the counter will just add them all together and you will still only get 125 points.

F-reds:
Err the arseache of having to go in and pay each time?!

Let’s say you are clever and put 125lt in, then return the nozzle and go again and do another 125lt, and repeat until full. When you go in and say pump number 10 please, the dude behind the counter will just add them all together and you will still only get 125 points.

NO HE WONT, as there individual transactions and have to be put through separately !!!

No they don’t old chum. There is a very clever button on a till these days…

Seen one?? :unamused:

I regularly have mine added together, for one reason and another. Sometimes not even from the same pump.

The chaps behind the till don’t like doing extra work any more than you do.

The pump I usually use cuts off at 300 litre. So to fill up it is 2 transactions but I only get 125 points, unless the friendly assistant puts it through as 2 then I get 250 points! Handy as I opted for Amazon vouchers. £10 for every 2000 points.

with shell and the 700 cards just go ot esso and get a tosco clubcard

All very well but expect your company to start asking questions as to why you are not using your Shell Card in a Shell station to receive the COMPANY’S pump price discount.
I dont fancy losing my job for a few loyalty points!