Shed Load

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d … e-60990553

Never seen a trailer lose it’s curtain completely off the trailer as shown in these photos. Unless I’ve missed something that is.

Nothing strapped down and the load has ripped the whole lot off by the looks of it.

I came down the slip road at Frankley s/b the other week.
One of Pollocks was on the slip with two back pallets of Budweiser hanging through the back corner of the curtain ., and slipped across where the pole had popped out, it was hanging over by about a foot, and a few bottles, though not many were on the road.
Being old school, my initial thought was ‘help him out’. I was going to suggest he backed up to the park and I would back my trailer into his in an effort to push them across, even if just to get him on his way and sort the job out later.
Then I noticed he hadn’t even bothered his arse to put a cross ■■■■■■■■ the back nor a side ■■■■■■■■ edge of pallet…so I though ‘‘■■■■ him’’. :smiley:
But it’s the thought that counts. :laughing:
Seriously though if it had just been a bit of bad luck I would have helped him, but he could’nt be arsed to help himself to avoid a potential ■■■■ up.

It fell off the side of a lorry, honest. :wink:

Cronus:
Crumbs! Lorry sheds biscuit load over Derbyshire road - BBC News

Never seen a trailer lose it’s curtain completely off the trailer as shown in these photos. Unless I’ve missed something that is.

It’s ripped the curtain rail off the trailer roof. Another driver who thinks an XL curtain label, assuming it actually was XL rated, and the fact they’ve “never strapped anything and haven’t lost a load in 30 years” means they don’t need to strap anything. Looking at the shrink wrapping on the pallets at the front it doesn’t look like it was wrapped the best either. Throw in driving like you stole it and one corner too far and you have what you have. Only good thing apart from the free biscuits for everyone passing is that something coming the other way didn’t get hit by it.

Was the lorry being driven by a Ginger Nut who was totally Cream Crackered?

Hope the driver grabbed a few packets to take to his meeting with the Traffic Commissioner

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

driveress:

Im reliably informed that it was a baldy bloke called Gary

peirre:

driveress:

Different incident - this one was called Rich T.

Goff118:
Nothing strapped down and the load has ripped the whole lot off by the looks of it.

It’s bloody biscuits , I’ve pulled god knows how many loads out of Coalville ( or there place just off 42 ) , I’ve never strapped one load , and never had a issue
99 % of loads just need a couple of internals on the back

robroy:
One of Pollocks was on the slip with two back pallets of Budweiser hanging through the back corner of the curtain ., and slipped across where the pole had popped out, it was hanging over by about a foot, and a few bottles, though not many were on the road.
Being old school, my initial thought was ‘help him out’. I was going to suggest he backed up to the park and I would back my trailer into his in an effort to push them across, even if just to get him on his way and sort the job out later.
Then I noticed he hadn’t even bothered his arse to put a cross ■■■■■■■■ the back nor a side ■■■■■■■■ edge of pallet…so I though ‘’[zb] him’'. :smiley:
Seriously though if it had just been a bit of bad luck I would have helped him, but he could’nt be arsed to help himself to avoid a potential [zb] up.

It’s maybe not his fault there’s not a couple of internals on the back rob , I’ve lost count of the times over the years where the previous driver has dropped the tri off & not left a couple of internals on the back , they’ve loaded it , your left with no way off strapping it other than a ratchet , assuming you’ve got one , I’d give him the benefit of doubt .
Nb I guess theyl be along telling me they’d not take it , I would , but then I slways carry a ratchet strap , and even if I didn’t I’d just ring up office , tell them situation & take a route avoiding visa check points ha ha

dozy:

Goff118:

It’s bloody biscuits , I’ve pulled god knows how many loads out of Coalville ( or there place just off 42 ) , I’ve never strapped one load , and never had a issue

They might only be biscuits but they still need strapping. Nothing worse than getting home from the shop and finding out all your biscuits ate broken!

Terry Cooksey:

dozy:

Goff118:

They might only be biscuits but they still need strapping. Nothing worse than getting home from the shop and finding out all your biscuits ate broken!

That’s the reason I don’t buy mcvities ha ha

dozy:

Goff118:

Double stacked pallets and they’ve ended up all over the road.

Roymondo:

peirre:

driveress:

Different incident - this one was called Rich T.

Nice one

dozy:

robroy:
Then I noticed he hadn’t even bothered his arse to put a cross ■■■■■■■■ the back nor a side ■■■■■■■■ edge of pallet…so I though ‘’[zb] him’'. :smiley:
Seriously though if it had just been a bit of bad luck I would have helped him, but he could’nt be arsed to help himself to avoid a potential [zb] up.

It’s maybe not his fault there’s not a couple of internals on the back rob , I’ve lost count of the times over the years where the previous driver has dropped the tri off & not left a couple of internals on the back , they’ve loaded it , your left with no way off strapping it other than a ratchet , assuming you’ve got one , I’d give him the benefit of doubt .
Nb I guess theyl be along telling me they’d not take it , I would , but then I slways carry a ratchet strap , and even if I didn’t I’d just ring up office , tell them situation & take a route avoiding visa check points ha ha

What point strspped by internals load heavy pallets?By VOSA rulles it is anyway unsecure load.

dozy:

If they loaded the trailer and left the straps stuck in the headboard pockets so there’s no internal straps to use, then refuse to take the trailer out on the road until you can make it safe

dozy:

robroy:

No it ain’t his fault before he picks up the trailer, but it starts to be his fault as soon as he backs under and decides to run with it.
As for ringing the office, yeh, and it then becomes their problem when you tell them you ain’t taking it, …your licence, your arse on the line if you do take it. :bulb:
They don’t pay me enough to take risks.
As for a ratchet on the arse end, yeh we’ve all ran like that, …until they moved the goalposts and wanted every ■■■■ thing strapped whether or not their was any real need, so again if you get pulled,.they don’t recognise a ratchet as being ok.
They don’t need excuses to nick you these days…don’t give the ■■■■ s one on a plate… :bulb:

The second photo, assuming it is as it was immediately after the lost load, looks as if the curtain and top rail have ‘just’ fallen off!!!
Another example of “We’ve always done it that way” is not always the safe and secure way

dozy:

Goff118:

I’m guessing that attitude is exactly the same one that the driver of this load had too. Worked out well for him too until it didn’t. Can’t imagine the fines coming his way and the bill his boss will be getting will do much for his employment. That would see you a P45 where I’m at.