Shed load

Delivered to Wickes on Swan Valley estate and saw this on my way out, and pondered to myself - I wonder how much is going to be generated through fines for this?

billybigrig:
http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/breaking-news-traffic-diversions-in-swan-valley-area-of-northampton-after-lorry-sheds-load-of-wood-1-6375163

They’re a witty lot in Northampton aren’t they:)

i did a load of timber out of goole last week and used ten straps, as i was loading there was a guy strapping up just opposite and he used 18 straps too secure his

correct me if I’m wrong , but if using the 50% sideways rule that vosa ask for if they are 3 ton straps and the load is 30ton then five straps would be the minimum■■?

I have 3 questions,

1. With all that timber , was the driver framed ?
  2. Did it go on tacho break whilst reloading with a chalk mark around the wheels ?
  3. Does the waiting time for recovery and reloading count as POA ?

thanks in advance :grimacing:

I use at least 10 of my straps on timber, more if needed.

There are some planks who seem to think that a 'load bearing curtain ’ will hold this secure . .

Santa:

billybigrig:
http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/breaking-news-traffic-diversions-in-swan-valley-area-of-northampton-after-lorry-sheds-load-of-wood-1-6375163

They’re a witty lot in Northampton aren’t they:)

No we’re not!

Well I’m with the one several above! I picked up a machine on a low loader that was 7ish ton and was told 4 straps is all that was needed to secure it - that’s all the other drivers use :laughing: I put 7 on and felt confident it wouldn’t move. For the extra 5 minutes or so to strap and un strap it makes the journey more pleasurable…my opinion of course. There are heroes out there though who still only use gravity :open_mouth:

dri-diddly-iver:
Well I’m with the one several above! I picked up a machine on a low loader that was 7ish ton and was told 4 straps is all that was needed to secure it - that’s all the other drivers use :laughing: I put 7 on and felt confident it wouldn’t move. For the extra 5 minutes or so to strap and un strap it makes the journey more pleasurable…my opinion of course. There are heroes out there though who still only use gravity :open_mouth:

I know a firm that asked to have their crusher moved, it weighs a good 20 tons, Cowboy outfit turned up to load it - my mate said “where’s your outriggers?” - they said,“Oh we don’t need those, the tracks are plenty wide enough” - “what about chains?” - “Oh we didn’t bring any - we’re not going that far”

“F Off” - he said - and quite right too !!!

Unbelievable,

Saw these day before yesterday,
No Straps, No Chains, Nothing - not even Blue-tac holding these blocks of Marble

Jaipur, India on Friday

In the timber line, I think melamine faced MDF is the slipperiest (is that a word) that I’ve carried

agreed horrible horrible stuff that and the green n treated floorboards builders merchants sell like like two sheets of teflon next to each other only timber product that gets strapped over the top for side ways move mant and front and rear movement