Shed for sale or rent

Just been put on the market near me, only 9 years old and is suitable for all types of distribution close to the failing ferry links to the continent and the M62.

Due to Tesco cutting their suppliers list this fully serviced fresh flower warehouse is up for rent, circa £1000,000 per annum.

ASDA have sold their whole business to a couple of likely lads who owned a garage in Bury. It was part of a meal deal as they also bought the largest KFC franchises in the UK

Mohsin and Zuber Issa started the Euro Garage business in 2001 (Think Duckmanton)

Intergreen 1.jpg

There is a lot going on!

How many flowers have to be sold per year to make anyone except the landlord and the electric suppliers and the tax man any money.

Carryfast:
How many flowers have to be sold per year to make anyone except the landlord and the electric suppliers and the tax man any money.

Its a huge market, for corporate events, hospitality and florists, none of who buy flowers from Tesco. JZ Flowers and the parent company, Flower Group, will carry on supplying other outlets. Lidl. Aldi, Sainsburys etc

But its 300 jobs gone from my area for now!

Wheel Nut:
Flower Group, will carry on supplying other outlets. Lidl. Aldi, Sainsburys

When I buy any I usually get them from Sainsburys or Asda if not then local florist shops.Thinking about it rarely spend much less than a tenner in a month or two so still probably as good business as any multiplied by a few million other customers + larger sales.Money isn’t earning anything left in the bank so any return has to be better.

I guess we won’t be pulling any loads for Fowler Welchski out of there this Xmas then.

Well that’s a worry. my new job involves a collection from here for Waitrose

Could it have anything to do with Brexit? All the flowers come in usually in bulk then get processed for final destination. Will now be clearances so Intergreen may be doing the packing in Holland for direct delivery. Also there is a .massive new flower pack house open ed in Spalding

the old timer:
Could it have anything to do with Brexit? All the flowers come in usually in bulk then get processed for final destination. Will now be clearances so Intergreen may be doing the packing in Holland for direct delivery. Also there is a .massive new flower pack house open ed in Spalding

The boss man of JZ Flowers International has stated very strongly that it is not Covid or Brexit Related, merely the fact they expanded Intergreen to cater for Tesco, and Tesco have pulled the plug. The Flower Group own Intergreen Spalding too.

hortipoint.nl/floribusiness … -tesco-uk/

Interesting read Wheelnut. Until I read it I thought the Intergreen site supplied other supermarkets too. That’s going be a big hit for the guys doing the imports and the onward rec deliveries and like you say local workforce. Shows how heartless Tesco are after all that time of Intergreen commiting to them they can just turn round and toss them aside without a second thought

Wheel Nut:

the old timer:

The boss man of JZ Flowers International has stated very strongly that it is not Covid or Brexit Related, merely the fact they expanded Intergreen to cater for Tesco, and Tesco have pulled the plug. The Flower Group own Intergreen Spalding too.

hortipoint.nl/floribusiness … -tesco-uk/

Intergreen supply Asda, M+S, O and Waitrose. So there’s a bit missing from the above story, Also MM and Flamingo do COOP and Waitrose, Basically the all supply everyone including the Lidl) Aldi,