Shame on them...

That’s £6.50 an hour for Tramping

don’t apply then

since when has tramping meant you got a better hourly rate?

Cant believe that. The sadest thing is though, is that it’ll still get filled, people are that desperate for work through no fault of their own.
Its still a disgrace to pay that for a class 1 driver. I think dishwashers at harvester earn more than that. Still…whoever applies for it,good on em,at least their not on the doll.

Ah, same rate as shelf stacking Latest Stacking Shelves jobs - JobisJob United Kingdom - isn’t there another post about that around here somewhere?

The jobs gone !

stevieboy308:
don’t apply then

since when has tramping meant you got a better hourly rate?

tramping never paid a good hourly rate

After all these threads about diabolical pay rates,I have come up with a scientific,and hopefully intelligent reason why…THE COUNTRY HAS GONE DOWN THE CRAPPER - EMPLOYERS KNOW THIS SO THEY ARE IN A POSITION TO TAKE THE P!SS IF THEY WANT OR NEED TO…jesus if it aint pay rates its stobarts…wtf is it with folks

These threads are pointless.

So what if someone pays a rubbish wage. Some also pay average and some also pay good, same as any trade :confused:

It’s a capitalist society. When the ratio was 3 jobs for every driver the wages were sky high as the bosses had to pay well to get drivers.
Now the ratio is reversed so they are paying rock bottom, and it’s drivers clambering for bosses instead of bosses clambering for drivers like before. They’re maximizing profit, not saying it’s right, but everyone looks out for number 1. You’re all screaming that you’re not earning enough but the top brass were moaning the same when they were paying fortunes 6-7 years ago. Capitalism runs in cycles. One mans peak is another mans trough. It’ll come back around

OVLOV JAY:
It’s a capitalist society. When the ratio was 3 jobs for every driver the wages were sky high as the bosses had to pay well to get drivers.
Now the ratio is reversed so they are paying rock bottom, and it’s drivers clambering for bosses instead of bosses clambering for drivers like before. They’re maximizing profit, not saying it’s right, but everyone looks out for number 1. You’re all screaming that you’re not earning enough but the top brass were moaning the same when they were paying fortunes 6-7 years ago. Capitalism runs in cycles. One mans peak is another mans trough. It’ll come back around

Thats the most realistic argument Ive seen on here for a while , well done Jay…and no Im not taking the proverbial :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you toowise. I just say as I see. I try not to be blinkered and like to look at things from a realistic view :wink:

OVLOV JAY:

Not so sure there is much profit hence why the wages are so crap.

Depends who you work for ajt. An owner driver maybe, but a big plc could probably stretch to another £50 per driver. That would make a huge difference to most, but the current market favours the employer