Severn view services

Gosh it’s quiet in here! [emoji42] Full but quiet. Not much of a view, and drive in parking, how tf do you reverse out■■? [emoji15]

stu675:
Gosh it’s quiet in here! [emoji42] Full but quiet. Not much of a view, and drive in parking, how tf do you reverse out■■? [emoji15]

I fuel up two times a week, most weeks. I would not park there, unless absolutely caught out and desperate. I certainly would not overnight there.

Why’s that ND? Just out of curiosity.

I was only taking 45 mins but it was the nicest motorway service station I’ve ever seen.

Does anyone remember when the services were in big building and the building they’re in now was a truck drivers cafe? Back when it was called Aust. Ironically they changed the name to Severn View when they moved out of big building so ceased to have a Severn View

switchlogic:
Does anyone remember when the services were in big building and the building they’re in now was a truck drivers cafe? Back when it was called Aust. Ironically they changed the name to Severn View when they lived out of big building so ceased to have a Severn View

Yes certainly do recall the drivers’ cafe. It was one I used to rate highly. Was it another Ross-run services then, like Leicester Forest and Membury

That was when the M4 run over the old bridge before the new one was built. :smiley:

cav551:

switchlogic:
Does anyone remember when the services were in big building and the building they’re in now was a truck drivers cafe? Back when it was called Aust. Ironically they changed the name to Severn View when they lived out of big building so ceased to have a Severn View

Yes certainly do recall the drivers’ cafe. It was one I used to rate highly. Was it another Ross-run services then, like Leicester Forest and Membury

Sandbach…

Forton and Hilton Park or is my memory failing me again?

the gap and toddy…

If we’re msa reminiscing…Does anybody remember the old M5 Strensham n/b services, it’s now the council yard compound, just before the present one.
Was it Kenning Services?..
No?
Ok just me then. :unamused: :laughing:

Also one at Blyth A1 n/b, you used to drive up a ramp type jobby to get in.

m.a.n rules:
the gap and toddy…

The…

Blue Boar.

motorwayservices.uk/History:Strensham

there you go rob…
motorwayservices.uk/Kenning_Motor_Group

yourhavingalarf:

cav551:

switchlogic:

Sandbach…

I seem to remember going upstairs to a drivers section at one or both of these, probably 30 odd years ago.

GORDON 50:

yourhavingalarf:

cav551:

switchlogic:

Sandbach…

I seem to remember going upstairs to a drivers section at one or both of these, probably 30 odd years ago.

Yep Hilton Park n/b up the stairs to the drivers cafe/lounge,.and up to the top of the tower via the lift at Forton n/b.
Knutsford also had a designated driver area on the bridge, Toddington also.
When I used to go off with mates as a young lad pre my own licence days ,.drivers actually got priority in the msa cafe queue. :open_mouth:
You used to go right to the front,.and just say ‘‘Transport’’ and they served you first…hard to believe today eh?..but true.

Best MSA for a night out was Charnock Richard n/b…only because Park Hall nightclub was a walk over the adjacent field .
Pub/restaurant first for your tea,.and then into the club :sunglasses: …Had some bloody good nights in there…and some late ones. :smiley:
Is it still there today btw??

At risk of going off on a tangent, Heston was a haven back in the day . . if going West.
Pre m25 and you had to drive through London to get to Essex ,Kent and beyond

Suedehead:
At risk of going off on a tangent, Heston was a haven back in the day . . if going West

A haven for what? :smiley:

I was once told Heston and part of M4 was an airfield in 30s and 40s.
The one where Neville Chamberlain landed with his piece of paper…Peace in our time and all that.
May be true, may be complete bullcrap. :laughing:

Mods, I’m awfully sorry I’ve made a terrible mistake, I’ve failed to post this in the old timers section [emoji23]

stu675:
Mods, I’m awfully sorry I’ve made a terrible mistake, I’ve failed to post this in the old timers section [emoji23]

when i saw it was you posting i thought i was in the new and wanabees section… :unamused: :laughing:

I remember the severn view.I used to like looking at the bridge,so sad they closed that off,is nothing sacred?
Cant remember Strencham or onky vaguley,was that when the m5 was only 2 lanes?