Severn Bridge crossing

Does anybody know if they take debit cards at the severn crossing now? thanks in advance. :smiley:

No cash only or TAG.

cheers, somebody told me they where taking cards, rather make sure than turn up with no money!!

Just checked the website… whether via M48 or M4…it’s cash or cheque with guarantee card…only

Nearly caught me out the other day…on the M4 crossing

They will not take credit or debit cards, only cash or cheques with a guarantee card. Have a look on their website.

They intend taking cards at some time but it has yet to be announced.Local trucks all have tag. I think a wagon now is £15.10 but I’m not too sure. French ZB!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

Toll prices are now

Car £5.40
Small goods vehicles and small buses £10.90
HGV and buses £16.30

I got caught out there turned up with no cash ended up going to the services for some money and got charged for taking it out the hole in the wall. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Won,t get fooled again!

heard a rumour that as of 2010 the old crossing is going to be limited to 7 1/2 tonnes hence the reason asda and tesco(in chepstow) are going over to bristol :open_mouth:

If you can it’s better to come down the M50. Remember it’s free to get into England :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The way things are going, they will close the two bridges and go back to the Aust Ferry.

if it was run in true French style you could use a Caplis card as well as any other