"Severe congestion" in Gloucester

1950s and '60s traffic in Gloucester city centre. Fascinating, especially for those of us who know the area!

youtube.com/watch?v=CDtjscPwrKY

Nice. look at the offside rear wheel at2.02 onwards :smiley: blow out or about to lose it me thinks

Wing and a prayer:
Nice. look at the offside rear wheel at2.02 onwards :smiley: blow out or about to lose it me thinks

Just looks like dirt on the rubber.

This has been posted before, I sent this video to my Nephew in Seattle to make it a bit clearer as we thought the Commer Car transporter with the Rootes group cars on may have been my Dad, but still couldn’t tell, a great film though.

Dieseldog66:
This has been posted before, I sent this video to my Nephew in Seattle to make it a bit clearer as we thought the Commer Car transporter with the Rootes group cars on may have been my Dad, but still couldn’t tell, a great film though.

Aye it is a great film, I noted one of J.W.Capstaffs Guy 8 wheelers on it from Newcastle, I used to run to South Wales in the 50s60s Era myself when I drove for Smiles for Miles, I once parked up there & stayed at the West End Café, Oh dear never again, The good olds days Eh, Regards Larry.

I used to go through there with my Dad in the 50’s,and then when driving lorries myself in the late 60’s,used to cut through the city to go to Moreton Valance on a Saturday morning. There used to be a animal skin factory by the west-gate bridge which used to stink. Great bit of film.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
I used to go through there with my Dad in the 50’s,and then when driving lorries myself in the late 60’s,used to cut through the city to go to Moreton Valance on a Saturday morning. There used to be a animal skin factory by the west-gate bridge which used to stink. Great bit of film.
Cheers Dave.

Aye it stuink & if the wind was blowing the wrong way you could smell it above the already smellie West End Café, Regards Larry.