Settle an argument please (tacho related)

I had a discussion with a workmate today which resulted in me putting my money where my mouth is.

I’m currently through my own choice working 6 on 4 off, consequently paying back hours etc isn’t a problem. Where our disagreement came from is; I finished work pm last Sunday, did not start back till am Friday, I said to my mate that if I felt the urge I could actually do 6x 15hrs spreadovers back to back because the “week” doesn’t start till midnight Sunday. He disagreed saying that my week started on my first day back (Friday). I hope I’ve worded that ok, but basically my opinion is that I’m spreading my 6 days work over a two week period, if that makes sense.

Please agree with me, cos there’s enough to pay for a decent night out riding on this! :smiley:

You are wrong. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: You can only reduce three times between weekly rest periods making it impossible to do six back-to-back 15 hour ‘spreadovers’, unless using the split rest option. Hope your mate enjoys the night out!

You could do four back-to-back ten hour drives, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as extended driving is still twice a week but rest periods haven’t been three times a week for over three years now.

Doh! I hate spending money. Cheers Neil, a large dose of pie of humble to be eaten I reckon.