Setting up on my own

Hi all,

I am a transport manager for a fairly large highway maintenace company and to be honest I am getting fed up with it. Combination of factors really.

Before I consider leaving transport for good I thought I might ask other people how they went about setting up their businesses.

Was it an uphill struggle or was it easier thn expected?

I like the idea of running my own business and being my own boss, but I could use some advice as to what would be the best way into the market.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Mike

best advice i would give you mike is think long and hard about it, make sure you have got properly costed work before you start and dont put your eggs all in one basket and make sure you have as much finance as you can get your hands on coz ur gonna need every penny, as for the hard bit it is never ever easy my freind but if you go about it in the right way you can have a good life, good luck to you couldnt be thinking about starting at a worse time ever, if you make it pay now ur laughing!!! regards paul.

Hi Mike, did you manage to get some pics? If not, can you get some before you leave? Lol.

What are you thinking of doing? Your own Highway truck company? :smiley:

I don’t have that kind of money. Limited market for TM or highway maintenace stuff anyway.

Decided on a different path now.