Setting the scene

So I have a situation and it’s been dealt with I just want to get someone else’s opinion on it. Here goes.

So I’ve come out of a supermarket good yard over a zebra crossing and made to leave a van comes hurtling round the corner so I stops arse end on the crossing which I must mention a gaggle of school kids of primary age are gathering for the walking school bus the van driver wants me to reverse back into the yard but he has two escape routes I haven’t and I’m not certain if any kids are stood behind the trailer. His escape routes though are car park no entry’s (no damage would be caused by going through em). After a stand off he forces his way through the side of the truck and mouths off at me saying the escape routes are no entry I just turn and say that I’m not reversing with those kids where they are and both of us disappear.

Not after smart answers just want to know opinion and what yous would of done

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available at:

Hope you have a great day

You did right thing , if he was speeding then though on him

With no one to be your banks man and potentially kids at the rear of your trailer you did right. stay put.

Like you say, it would be unsafe to reverse. I would of stayed put until kids had gone or someone banked me back.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Blame the cyclist…

Thanks guys - I thought I’d done right thing

I’m just waiting for that should of pushed him out the way answer (we know it’s coming right)

Available at:

dafpower:
Thanks guys - I thought I’d done right thing

I’m just waiting for that should of pushed him out the way answer (we know it’s coming right)

Available at:

Shouls have pushed him oot of the way.

Only joking you did the right thing easier for a van to move than a truck with kids about.

Reverse a lorry across a pedestrian crossing with primary school children milling about■■? I think you’d be up on a dangerous driving charge.

you thought about the children so of course you were right. :wink:

Absolutely spot on, in those sorts of circs, particularly where people not normally associated with lorries could be in the danger zone my lorry does not move an inch unless i have someone i could trust directing, especially with an artic on the turn where all sorts of blind spots form.

'taint worth the risk mate, you wus right, if you knocked someone over it would haunt you for ever.

Absolutely bang on, holding your ground was the right thing to do. Other road users may not be aware of the dangers behind but that’s just tough ■■■■■■■ (nice pert ones with juicy cigar ■■■■ ■■■■■■■).

Im always of the opinion the smaller more manouverable vehicle should get out the way unless ive got a safer option. Hold your ground until they back down and realise its quicker to just get out the way.
Audi driver insisted i pass him on a soft verge up a single track last week. There was a driveway 50yds behind him. I put the kettle on and offered him a cup of coffee. Eventually he reversed into the bellmouth.

Bloody immigrants!!! They should all be deported…
Well that’s what the daily mail story said…
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk