Setting a fridge up

Got this off the google search
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85615
But cant post any questions on it so hear they are

There is a stop/start- continuous button. This broadly does what it says, changes the operating mode. Some loads need to be on continuous running, mostly delicate fruits, otherwise I generally set it to stop/start, which saves fuel. You can see from the green LED that it is currently set to stop/start.

I can’t see the stop/ start button from the photo, anyone point me in the right direction please
And can you activate your own on/off thermostat temperature of say 2C both ways

Is there a compartment switch on there

And also I see there are a load of other buttons in the photo that are not mentioned

Sorry this may seam daft but have only driven the fridges and has always been set up by the depot

Stop / start (for powering up the engine) is bottom right hand button …“run”…this is where u start or stop the fridge.

Don’t get it confused with the stop/ start / continuos button at bottom middle of panel…this merely toggles between having the fridge running all the time or start/stop mode where when it reaches required temp it switches itself off… then if temp gos out of range it switches back on automatic.

If there is more than one compartment you will normally find two or even 3 other switches above the screen cover and they’ll be marked 1,2 and maybe 3 . On that pic I can’t tell as screen cover lid is covering top of panel.

The Start/Stop or Continuous mode is the bottom button second to the right. There is an LED on the top right which will light dependant which mode you have it on.

Above where the Perspex screen lifts up you have a toggle switch which you can move to Compartment 1 or 2. If it’s left in 1, set the temperature you require and leave it there. Switch it to 2 and ‘C2’ will display on the screen and set compartment 2 temperature to that which you require. Once set it will flicker between the two and this way you can ensure both compartments are at the temperature you require.

There is no ‘buffer’ temperature you can set (I.e 2 degrees) as far as I’m aware.

Watch Luke’s top tips on YouTube (switchlogic) explains different kinds etc …

Smoggie89:

+1 and here’s the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWEazKYpi4

Another thing to remember.

If your running dual temp the coldest goods will be at the front ie headboard .

Rat67:

Smoggie89:

+2, they’re a bit long and a bit full of ‘fluff’ but explain everything you need to know in Luke’s normal way :grimacing:

Franklin mentions the C1 / C2 switch, not all have that, some you have to wait for it to change on the display, then just press the up or down to change and the = to set. Ie, when showing C1, press up / down / = and it’ll set C1, when showing C2…

Continuous is also sometimes used if sleeping when loaded - nothing worse than a fridge turning off whilst you’re asleep, you always dive up and pop your head out to see who’s turned it off.
Also, if you have trouble starting a fridge whilst away from base, bang it on continuous, rather use a bit more fuel than have it stop and not re-start whilst miles from base or loaded. Good way to get some charge into the batteries too.

Rat67:

Smoggie89:

Blimey, I need a spare day to watch his vidoes. They do seem to be pretty good though.

Find an empty trailer and have a play with one. When you switch it on it will take a few seconds to boot up the display, then it will take about 30 seconds to do a self test, then you’ll hear a continuous beep and then the motor will kick in. You’ll then hear each compartment start up within the motor (like its running against a resistance). Compartment toggle switches are above the display on the trailer placed upside down (I missed them at first as they are black in colour on a black background).

When it’s all up and running the set temp is displayed far left, the actual temp in the middle and the compartment is displayed on the right. To change temp wait until the screen displays the required compartment and press the down and up arrows to change temp. Press ’ = ’ to set the temp. Once you had a good look at one you should find it easy enough to operate.

Always double check your temperatures against your paperwork! And seek assistance if any red alarms are visible.

Other types of fridges are just variations and similar to operate.

have a look viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85615

And don’t forget to check the trl tank has plenty of red in it. :blush: