Services - Maximum 2 hours free

Hello gents, I’m currently parked up at Burtonwood services and have a few hours to kill before collecting at Amazon Warrington.

In regards to the maximum free 2 hour parking rule before having to pay is there anything stopping me leaving here before the two hours then coming straight back and parking up for another 2 hours?

Redrum:
Hello gents, I’m currently parked up at Burtonwood services and have a few hours to kill before collecting at Amazon Warrington.

In regards to the maximum free 2 hour parking rule before having to pay is there anything stopping me leaving here before the two hours then coming straight back and parking up for another 2 hours?

There´s usually a sign saying no return within X hours.
Just because you haven´t seen it doesn´t mean it´s not there. Be careful, don´t want to end up paying stupid money for a couple hours extra.

Take trailer plate off and bag over front one.

Job done.

Just had a walk around and it does say on the sign that you can’t return within a 2 hour period. I haven’t got a trailer on so I don’t think I’ll struggle to find parking elsewhere but it would’ve been nice to not have to move

Redrum:
Just had a walk around and it does say on the sign that you can’t return within a 2 hour period. I haven’t got a trailer on so I don’t think I’ll struggle to find parking elsewhere but it would’ve been nice to not have to move

MSAs provide ‘‘services’’… but only if you are willing to accept them whilst being extorted.
I only take advantage of the very few that they provide for free, ie bogs and shower.
The only other one I know of is free 2 hour only parking, so you’ll just have to ■■■■ it up bud. :neutral_face:

Just tell them in shop you’ve broken and they cancel your reg on computer

robroy:

Redrum:

MSAs provide ‘‘services’’… but only if you are willing to accept them whilst being extorted.
I only take advantage of the very few that they provide for free, ie bogs and shower.
The only other one I know of is free 2 hour only parking, so you’ll just have to ■■■■ it up bud. :neutral_face:

Whilst not to everyones taste - McDonalds is the same price in the services as it is everywhere else (Poplar 2000 is the exception they are about 20/30p more). And with my student card I can get a medium big mac meal and a free cheese burger for £4.69 and have somewhere to park easily enough.

I wouldn’t call that extortion. I’d call is good value really.

sammym:
Whilst not to everyones taste - McDonalds is the same price in the services as it is everywhere else (Poplar 2000 is the exception they are about 20/30p more). And with my student card I can get a medium big mac meal and a free cheese burger for £4.69 and have somewhere to park easily enough.

Subway at LFE…

Is really expensive. Years ago I ordered a BMT, watched them make it and then left it on the counter and walked away after finding out at the till, that the price was near on double compared to other Subway outlets. Also, they didn’t accept the Subway clubcard.

The thing that annoys me with alot of these industrial areas/estates is that they’ll cover the whole place in double yellows then when you get to where your delivering to more than about 30 minutes early they’ll turn you away. Then you’ve got the job of finding somewhere to wait while trying not to cause any inconvenience for other road users.

sammym:

robroy:

Redrum:

Each to his own but I’d prefer to calling it eating crap. :smiley:

You mention Poplars, I remember when it was a half decent Truckstop instead of the glorified MSA it is now. :unamused:
It replaced the old Poplars across the road, and was intended to be an innovation among Truckstops, just turned into another rip off joint over the years unfortunately.

robroy:

sammym:

robroy:

Redrum:

Each to his own but I’d prefer to calling it eating crap. :smiley:

You mention Poplars, I remember when it was a half decent Truckstop instead of the glorified MSA it is now. :unamused:
It replaced the old Poplars across the road, and was intended to be an innovation among Truckstops, just turned into another rip off joint over the years unfortunately.

Have you tried forumula 1 truck stop at ellesmere port?

It’s lush mate - if you have not visitited you definately should.

Yeh?
I’ve never been in a UK truckstop yet that could be described as …‘‘lush’’ :neutral_face: