services death

apparently I heard today that a driver on one of the M4 services has been found dead in his cab,i heard it was leigh delamere eastbound,the worst of it was they reckon he was in his cab for 3 weeks before being discovered,poor bloke,anyone know anything about it

I saw something on Facebook earlier but I can find absolutely nothing on the news online anywhere for it. You’d have thought there would be at least something online even if it just outlines the discovery.

Maybe just another Facebook falsity, hopefully…

Not heard anything, I can’t imagine it would be there more than 3 days without someone noticing so hopefully made up.

bald bloke:
Not heard anything, I can’t imagine it would be there more than 3 days without someone noticing so hopefully made up.

+1 lets hope so :frowning:

hope its not true . but over the years iv noticed that a lot of death cases get hushed up ,nothing written in the press , why that is i dont know

Sad if true. I could believe finding someone at an RDC

It doesn’t seen likely that he was there for 3 weeks. His boss or his family would have raised the alarm before that, surely

sayersy:
His boss or his family would have raised the alarm before that, surely

You’d hope so wouldn’t you.
The only exception to that would be a single guy owner/driver.

Kaistar:
I saw something on Facebook earlier but I can find absolutely nothing on the news online anywhere for it. You’d have thought there would be at least something online even if it just outlines the discovery.

Maybe just another Facebook falsity, hopefully…

that’s what I reckon,i mean surely someone must have missed him ,the company he worked for,his family etc,but apparently whichever services it was a section around the lorry was cordoned off by police,a wincanton driver saw it and told our security fella when delivering to us today

That’s going to be one hell of a parking bill!

A post on a Facebook group…

I have just found out that a friend of the driver who passed away has posted a comment on “TRUCK n DRIVERS only”. The driver’s name was Peter Doyle and I have asked his friend to pass on all condolences from those here.

Edit
Someone else states ‘AKA CHUBBY BUDDY’

Na Noway, some companies would be raising the alarm after 3 minutes, never mind 3 weeks.

G6Bob:
Na Noway, some companies would be raising the alarm after 3 minutes, never mind 3 weeks.

I don’t believe the 3 week thing either, bad case of Chinese whispers there…

Kaistar:

G6Bob:

Surely at a services even 3 days parked would bring attention.
Hope he didn’t suffer.

r.i.p

Kaistar:

G6Bob:

when I was told I thought the same,even other lorry drivers who use the park on a daily basis would have noticed something wasn’t quite right with the driver being in the same position fully clothed from the day before

truckman020:

Kaistar:

G6Bob:

when I was told I thought the same,even other lorry drivers who use the park on a daily basis would have noticed something wasn’t quite right with the driver being in the same position fully clothed from the day before

More likely to be in bed with the curtains closed