Service area parking

truckyboy:
It could be the fact that normally the long vehicle bays are part of the public highway, and not part of the service contract, so there used to be a lot of talk that if you park on the highway part of a service area, you didnt have to pay, and you couldnt get clamped, so i believe thats the reason why.
I also believe that they are there for a reason, Wide or Long loads, as they are clearly marked out as such, and as someone else suggested, where do the drivers of such loads park, when they want a break, if they are taken up by normal loads that can easily park in a normal bay.

Getting a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at night thru the week is almost impossible in the services. And having a break next to the diesel pumps isnt much fun either.

lilysgranpa:

truckyboy:
It could be the fact that normally the long vehicle bays are part of the public highway, and not part of the service contract, so there used to be a lot of talk that if you park on the highway part of a service area, you didnt have to pay, and you couldnt get clamped, so i believe thats the reason why.
I also believe that they are there for a reason, Wide or Long loads, as they are clearly marked out as such, and as someone else suggested, where do the drivers of such loads park, when they want a break, if they are taken up by normal loads that can easily park in a normal bay.

Getting a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at night thru the week is almost impossible in the services. And having a break next to the diesel pumps isnt much fun either.

Totally agree! Parking at night is a nightmare!!