Serious question

Yes or no will suffice.

Does uk DCPC qualify you to drive direct for a french company?

Ie. the dcpc carries the same weight as FCOS?

The point being that dcpc is pan european right?

No guesses or supposition please. Thanks in advance

chris:
Yes or no will suffice.

Good luck with that.

Haha I know, haven’t been on here for years, I’ll take it, it’s still…well you know

Will you be living / driving and employed in France?
I’m not sure if this will make a difference but someone who does have the correct knowledge might.

A DCPC gained in any EU country is valid in every other EU country

There may be other rules which apply in different EU countries

ROG:

Lol does that mean not quite sure :stuck_out_tongue:

m1cks:

ROG:

Lol does that mean not quite sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly - individual countries can add extra criteria providing its not unreasonable

Yes, the driver cpc is valid for working in France.

Have a look on the chronoservices website, there is a section on there in English about the card.

www.chronoservices.fr

kindle530:

chris:
Yes or no will suffice.

Good luck with that.

Yes

(I’ve been working the past four years here with a UK DCPC)

Craig

P.S. Who are you thinking of working for?

Hi Craig, how you doing ? Still on for TFE ?
Finally finished my DCPC, so will be making a few enquiries myself in my area.
Just one question, was it easy to explain about the fact that its an EU qualification and would you suggest going with an agency first ? Speaking fluent French will help I’m sure.
Want to be working closer to home rather than the 2 in UK and 1 at home I’ve beendoing for ages, shame really in one respect cos it’s reall busy here in the UK,

Cheers for the answer mate,
I’ve got a great job in yhe uk so I wouldn’t leave, although if I was made redundant or my personal situation seriously changed id be deff up for it.
I can speak french and read and write it but I still have trouble listening, especially the normandy twang lol.
I was thinking maybe the crowd from st. Omer blue dafs? No idea if they’re shisters or what, its just that they’re pretty close to blighty so seems like a good place to start.

Blue Daf’s are Transportes Saint Arnould or TSA.

toby1234abc:
Blue Daf’s are Transportes Saint Arnould or TSA.

There’s a driver that comes on here sometimes that works for them
Vodka-ad I think is his name, lives in England

pierrot 14:
Hi Craig, how you doing ? Still on for TFE ?
Finally finished my DCPC, so will be making a few enquiries myself in my area.
Just one question, was it easy to explain about the fact that its an EU qualification and would you suggest going with an agency first ? Speaking fluent French will help I’m sure.
Want to be working closer to home rather than the 2 in UK and 1 at home I’ve beendoing for ages, shame really in one respect cos it’s reall busy here in the UK,

Yes mate, still racking up the miles for TFE (though am trying to get an outbased job with Vire depot at present).

When I went to the agencies four years ago the French hadn’t yet seen their own version of the Driver Qualification Card so were very interested to see mine. Now as people here redio their FCO training and get their own CQC (carte de qualification conducteur) the agencies are becoming much more used to seeing the cards and think nothing of you giving them a British card, or one from another country. At present we’ve got two guys with Italian DCPC cards and one with a Spanish card at our place and it doesn’t raise any problems. When they ask to see your license at an agency just hand over the three cards (license, tacho, and DCPC) and they’ll make a photocopy of them and then leave you in peace. All they’re interested in is the expiry dates.

I’d encourage you to get a job here in France sooner rather than later; that way you’re fully incorporated in the French system for pension, healthcare, etc. Also if find a job with a decent firm you’ll have a ‘mutuelle’ supplied and that’ll really reduce your healthcare costs (I’m sure you know all about that already anyway).

Bon courage :wink:

Craig

Merci mon ami !
Was thinking of calling in on TFE here in Vire. I know it’ll sound weird , but I wouldn’t mind if they took me on to do the UK runs. There are a few transporteurs frigo here in Normandy that go to the UK, there is also Laurent Pelliet out of Dol de Bretagne .
As far as I know there is only one agency here in Vire ( manpower )

It’s gotta be worth chasing up matey, you’ll really have to look hard to find a better employer in France when you factor everything in (good kit, quality work, decent pay, profit share scheme, AG2R healthcare, etc). Michael retired about six weeks ago so now they’ve got no Brit drivers, could be the ideal time to pop in for a chat with the RH department.

Let us know how you get on :sunglasses:

Thanks for answers, very clear thanks craig.

And if I want a job? For me it’s easy, I just take the mayor out for dinner :wink: