Serious female!

Hello everybody. Thought I’d join here to pick your brains and hopefully fit in somewhere where people might take me seriously. Seems like an active forum and I do apologise if this post is in the wrong place but it seemed most suitable!
I’m Laura, had my car license for 7 years. I just turned 25. I love driving! I currently work in Healthcare and saying I love working with people is a total lie. I live for the days when I’m off work and can go for a drive with the dogs!!
So I’m all serious about doing my cat c - I tell people it’s so I can drive an ambulance as a paramedic but secretly I want a big rig. So I’ve done my medical, got my provisional and even got my tachograph! Ready for my theory!
Looking for advice and tips about everything really… Feel free to chat I don’t bite … Ps does anyone want to sponsor me :wink: ;wav;

Welcome along,enjoy your stay.

Welcome! :smiley:

Welcome hope you enjoy

Welcome.You’ll find alot of useful info on here.As well as plenty not so.lol.We are all a harmless bunch really.So any thing you need to know ask away.

hello, good luck with your journey!

Jasmine

Welcome :slight_smile:

Very disappointed that you don’t bite Laura. Welcome.

Hey Laura, welcome to the forums. This is the best place to be for advice. Groups on Facebook etc tend to just take the micky. I have learned loads from the guys and gals in here. I passed my Cat C on the 5th of Feb so very recently. Anything you want to know just ask :slight_smile:

Sounds like you’re heading in the right direction. You’ve established what you like and what you don’t like, and found a job which fits around that. If you can find a job that you enjoy then you never have to work another day in your life…that’s what they say.

Be prepared for long hours, demanding bosses and some bad days as well as good days. On a good day you’ll have a smile beaming across your face, but when it’s not going well you’ll be under a lot of stress and having all sorts of bother to deal with. Most of the people you deal with will probably be okay - other drivers especially - but you’ll encounter folks who treat drivers like dirt and don’t show you the respect you deserve. Anyone who can drive a truck safely and competently deserves respect if you ask me…

Good luck in your journey. We’re here for you if you have any questions.

Time to think about choosing your trainer - possibly the hardest decision to make. To help, book 2 or 3 assessments with your possible trainers. This will give you a comparison and you’ll probably know by your guts where you should go for training.

Remember we offer residential at no extra cost - and you get 10% Trucknet discount.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Laura welcome to the mad house lol,all the help and info you will need is here seems like you know where you want to get.

Where abouts are you as there’s enough trainers on here who can point you in the right direction.

Jeff.

Lauraaxl:
Hello everybody. Thought I’d join here to pick your brains and hopefully fit in somewhere where people might take me seriously. Seems like an active forum and I do apologise if this post is in the wrong place but it seemed most suitable!
I’m Laura, had my car license for 7 years. I just turned 25. I love driving! I currently work in Healthcare and saying I love working with people is a total lie. I live for the days when I’m off work and can go for a drive with the dogs!!
So I’m all serious about doing my cat c - I tell people it’s so I can drive an ambulance as a paramedic but secretly I want a big rig. So I’ve done my medical, got my provisional and even got my tachograph! Ready for my theory!
Looking for advice and tips about everything really… Feel free to chat I don’t bite … Ps does anyone want to sponsor me :wink: ;wav;

TOP SPAMMING :laughing: .

Hi , you’ll find loads of good advice on the forum, Oh & welcome.

Thanks everyone! I live in Darlington, there are a few training things around near me. Just reading through the forum I’ve picked up a few handy bits. What’s better though - individual tuition or cab sharing?

Thanks again for the welcome!

I would say individual. That way you get the full attention of the instructor AND if the other learner is doing a bit better then it only adds to the pressure of a third person sat watching. Of course, you may be the learner setting the high standards for the other learner. :slight_smile: that’s my opinion anyway.

You cannot be serious ,no pension ,long hours, you must have no idea of the transport haulage industry its nothing like the eddie stobart tv shows . you must have some rank in the NHS?? if you are a nurse?nurses are dedicated to what they do ,not want to drive trucks at 25 years of age. yes go into another profession? not driving white vans because that is what you will be doing.good luck.

deckboypeggy:
You cannot be serious ,no pension ,long hours, you must have no idea of the transport haulage industry its nothing like the eddie stobart tv shows . you must have some rank in the NHS?? if you are a nurse?nurses are dedicated to what they do ,not want to drive trucks at 25 years of age. yes go into another profession? not driving white vans because that is what you will be doing.good luck.

Way to go bubble burster !! [emoji1]

Upto her if she wants to change careers, I’m sure she’s done some homework on it and it’s what she wants to try

deckboypeggy:

I am just curious as to why she would end up only driving white vans?

I am a Midwife ‘but’ I was a trucker first of all…

I did only driving jobs from age 18 to 25 including cat 1 on the continent and PSV driving

then my son came along and I needed a more reliable/stable life and being a single parent I also needed a higher income so Midwifery came along.

I do earn double of the average truck driver (the average not the poorer or the richer), I do like my job but in my heart I was, and am, and always will be a trucker.

I do want to get back to driving my cat 1 lorry ‘but’ having huge financial commitments (yes mortgage/son not earning a good wage yet and other financial commitments) I cannot afford to leave Midwifery to go full time trucking, to be honest even swapping one of my Midwifery shifts for trucking means a big pay cut for the day.

But I may consider working some of my holidays driving perhaps and do say one shift a month driving for now, keeping the door open back into trucking.

You are right that the Haulage industry is not overall easy/well paid, it can be a total headache, hard long hours for a wage that just keeps you alive, however I also know that money is not everything and she may be able to live on a trucker’s wage and be happy, well many do live on that wage and I hope some are happy (I would not be able to as I have accumulated too much financial commitment).

Guess that if she does not like it she can go back to the NHS now that she has the qualifications :slight_smile:

Welcome LauraAxl and I wish you best of luck whichever way you go in life :slight_smile:

Hi Laura

Welcome, I live in Durham and couple of my mates couldnt recomend twinways at Bishop Auckland enough, This is a link to his facebook page.

facebook.com/pages/Twinway- … 24?fref=ts

Hope this helps