Serious dilemma here

Breaded or Battered fish fingers?

See I’m in two minds weather I fancy breaded with a poor man’s prawn sauce, or battered with some good ole hp…

Deffo going in between some good crusty white though either way, but ■■■■ me I’m struggling here [emoji20]

Other day was a right mare too, planned a fry up, and by time I’d argued whether to do hash brown or fried bread, I’d forgot to put me puddings in the bacon juice ffs, that 2 mins a side in some decent fat really does make the difference, luckily I managed to regroup an went down the fried route laced in vinegar…

■■■■ close call though [emoji57]

Anyone else suffer these dilemmas?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

4 me it has to be battered…so whilst frying in the pan, i butter thickly 2 large slices of brown healthy bread…usually i use 4 fingers, and once cooked place east to west on the bread…then take a knife and spread them across the width of the bread. Next i take the Sarson’s malt vinegar, and dish a large dollop all over the fish to make it nice and wet…next job is to smother it all in Saxa salt and place the second slice over the other slice with the said breaded fish …press down with the palm of the hand, then slice from corner to corner…mere peasants would of course cut from side to side ( no etiquette ) i would advise a large mug of tea to wash this lot down with after consumption…hope you enjoy.

truckyboy:
it has to be battered…so whilst frying in the pan, i butter thickly 2 large slices of brown healthy bread…

Heh heh, thats a bit of an oxymoron :slight_smile:

That’s a gooood way there fella,

Double buttering the bread is mandatory, although it’s a fine line, as I like one side to be crispy, the other to be a touch soft, difficult task but I tend to find a dry pan works best, just fry dry on one side to crisp it, touch of oil in for the other side to allow that bit of soggy…

Man if your gonna bust an artery may as well do it in style I say[emoji106]

Fish fingers needed good black peper, in the end I went for the battered ones, they just work for me, drowned in chilli mayo too [emoji16]

Never seen a fish with fingers, what wold they use them for? Go for a whole fish every time.

god, you don’t half post some p(f)ish on here… :unamused: :laughing:

As it’s Saturday the white meat should always be Battered, preferably after a few cold ones

m.a.n rules:
god, you don’t half post some p(f)ish on here… :unamused: [emoji38]

[emoji38] [emoji16]

I’ll stop once the road legends threads fire up again…
Or a tidy driving job finally appears ffs [emoji1787]

peirre:
As it’s Saturday the white meat should always be Battered, preferably after a few cold ones

Good man [emoji38][emoji16]

Benjie83:

m.a.n rules:

[emoji38] [emoji16]

Never heard of them

LukeCinaHGV:

Benjie83:

m.a.n rules:

[emoji38] [emoji16]

Never heard of them

Of who?

[emoji38]

PS…

I’ll be first on here to wish you a covert congrats on your new venture Luke, good to see someone’s happy in their lot [emoji106]

Now to hope none of my fan club on here notice I’ve done so… [emoji38]