September 09 cpc trainee costs

For those looking into the future - when the driver CPC comes in in 2009 every driver will have to undergo 35hrs extra training every five years. The Freight Transport Association estimates the training costs at around £36 per hour.

i have read this today in a magazine can anyone shed light as to what it actually means as i know £36 x 35 hours training is very expensive to do every 5 years and dont add upp to me.

thanks for any replies in advance

ian

the company i trained with my c+e with said to me it will be around £200 for 7 hours training, i still say the company should pay the cost if its a big company like tesco etcbut that wont be the casealso alot of drivers who have not got long before they retire will just retire as they wont wanna listen to somebody tell them how to drive and do their job that they have probably been doing for the last 30 or 40 years.

thats riddiculous priced i was told about 250 for the full course although they aint actually set a price in stone yet

Speculation on trainee costs at this time is going to be a mixture of guesswork and ‘My Mate Told Me’.

There are still many factors which will come to bear - competition between training centres is one…

A lot have seen the prices listed for training SCHOOLS which they have to pay for conducting and having the right to do these courses - these are getting used, in error, as examples of trainee course prices by some out there - I know, I did exactly that when they were first published :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

hi rog yeah i saw that about cpc just makes you think you know surely companies wont pay that per person and i for one wouldn’t be able to afford it now forcing me out of the driving industry . i booked my training for c+e today so fingers crossed ill find something after. luckily i have a job to walk into with my firm driving artics full training given etc moneys good too but hours are awful. looks like ill have to grin and bear it for a while to gain that experience most employers want :exclamation:

LINK TO SOURCE

For those looking into the future - when the driver CPC comes in in 2009 every driver will have to undergo 35hrs extra training every five years. The Freight Transport Association estimates the training costs at around £36 per hour.

does not say if that is the cost for EACH trainee or for the TRAINER to run the course - if it is £36 per hour to run the course and there are 10 trainees on it then the course hourly cost per trainee is £3.60p per hour plus the TRAINING COMPANY mark up (profit)

you certainly have a good thinking head, me im good with my hands nothing else ha! you must be right the cost seems too much for drivers to afford so to speak,

bigcheese:
you certainly have a good thinking head, me im good with my hands nothing else ha! you must be right the cost seems too much for drivers to afford so to speak,

At £36 per hour per head, I think I might join in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that link is spot on rog just what i was looking for must have taken you forever, much appriciated,. thanks to yourself and dieseldave

I understood that the £36 per hour was not for the trainee but for the hourly cost to the training facility to have the course validated, again a good earner for someone…

im going to have to pay for it myself. i am going to look for a full time job soon but driving will be my hobby so no one will pay for me. maybe i should consider a different hobby and jack it in altogether. how much is a rally car and crew? it cant be far off the costs of being a driver for 5 years in this industry :unamused:

bigcheese:
that link is spot on rog just what i was looking for must have taken you forever, much appriciated,. thanks to yourself and dieseldave

Took me about 3 mins to find it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: