Separate Old from PDF?

Would it be possible to separate the Old Timers forum from the Professional Drivers Forum?
In the old TNUK they were easier to separate, but now this is what I see, a mixture of the 2.

From there go back one click. You will then have
Professional Drivers heading.
3 latest posts (from ALL the Pro headings)
then
Sub headings
ā€¦
Click on the Pro subheading
and only posts from there will appear

from @simcor advice elsewhere

What even does that mean?

Or, we could do as suggested and separate 2 most important, but completely unrelated sections of the forum to make it easier for users of both sections?

I would hazard a guess the the vast majority have a preference of one of these sections over the other, so having them jumbled together makes no sense.

Click hereā€¦

Iā€™m surprised that anyone should think that old timers arenā€™t professionals too. For my part I have met some new people here since the change. :smiley:

stu675 when you login go top left click on Topics and pic 1 comes up click on Categories and get pic 2 then choose Professional Drivers and us old buggers wont get under your feet :rofl: :rofl:
Oily

Thank you Oily, but mine doesnā€™t look like that on a phone. Iā€™m not trying to cast any aspersions that you good retired folk are not professional, I donā€™t care if the PDF was renamed ā€œfor those still unlucky enough to still be workingā€. I was just hoping it could be easier for all involved. A one step process for everybody really.

In the images above oiltreader has the sidebar open on the left side but apart from that, other than possibly the background colour it should look the same on a phone unless youā€™ve changed the default home page to something other than ā€œCategoriesā€.

If you have changed the default home page to something other than ā€œCategoriesā€ click on the categories tab to take you to the categories page which should look like the images provided by oiltreader then click on ā€œThe Professional Drivers Forum (Interactive)ā€ forum.

Would it be possible to separate the Old Timers forum from the Professional Drivers Forum?
In the old TNUK they were easier to separate, but now this is what I see, a mixture of the 2.

Stu,
This is a quirk of the new TNā€¦ it only appears that the Old Time forum is ā€˜inā€™ the PDF forum.

On the ā€˜oldā€™ TN, the forums were grouped exactly as they are now, itā€™s just that they now look a bit different at first.

Whilst we were in downtime, I spent a lot of time trying to make the new forum look as close to the old main forum index page as possible so as to lessen the difference, which canā€™t be done precisely as they are two different platforms.

Iā€™ll let the I.T. guys know, then we can see if they can do something for us.

1 Like