Sentinel Lorries Shrewsbury

here more photos from my collection.

1900s Henson.jpg

Glasgow

1923 Super Sentinel.jpg

Sentinel-DG6-1930.jpg

Steam%20Wagon%20Darlington.jpg

this is my last one from my collection, will put more on later.hope they an intrest to kick start the thread. :smiley:

Sentinel-S4-1935.jpg

Sentinals’ DG8 was the first rigid eight wheeler to be built in Britain, in 1929. The company survived the change from Steam to Diesel power although it stopped lorry production at the end of the Fifties. Along with Foden they built the best steam lorries in Britain.

daibootsy:
only 8 were made. ROSSER OF PONTLLIWwere 3rd owners of this model.

I worked for Baxters , Old Jonny Baxter was a true gent, he allways asked his drivers to do a job, he never told them to do it, It was long after the days of these steam wagons of course but Old Jonny was still about, His son young Jonny was a chip off the old block also a true gent, Regards Larry.

Is this a Sentinal ? Curry & Co Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Regards Larry.

Hi all I found the pictures I took at the steam fair . Here are some of a local firm in Shrewsbury. The are called Morris heres the photos. Tony

When I worked for Fred Chappell in the early 60’s we had 2x 6 wheelers, I had one (tipper fitted with an old Gardner and a low speed diff. :unamused:) the other (tanker) had an underslung Sentinal engine. Hell what a beast that was, you had to hold on tight, it went (loaded) up hill and down, like a rat up a drainpipe. A great motor, never caused the fitters much trouble.

Hi Brian sounds like it was a good motor its nice too hear from people thaat used too drive them . Was it a diesel or a steam one ? Tony

mercman123:
Hi Brian sounds like it was a good motor its nice too hear from people thaat used too drive them . Was it a diesel or a steam one ? Tony

:smiley: Cheeky bugga, I’m not so old. It was a 6 cylinder underslung diesel. It never seemed to cause any trouble. I never drove it but the lad who did didn’t like anybody messing with it.

B.R.S Sentinel.

BRS%20Sentinel%20DV-1.jpg

Hi all i have scanned the sentinel steam lorry from commercial motor here it is . Tony
!(http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy23/gtonyg![](http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy23/gtonygardiner/img243.jpg)

)

Thats not a lorry ! what have i done ! Tony

I will try again . Tony

The missing page ! Tony

Sentinel Steamer.jpg

Sentinels of Spillers.jpg