Sent home on pay pending investigation? good news!

following on from my earlier post my employer as decided to send me home while they carry out investigation as to whether i was negligent or not. things are not looking too good so any info on any work in the yorkshire or lincolnshire area would be greatly appreciated.

I hope they see some sense for you Dave.

The company will always try to lay the blame elsewhere. They would have probably given you the third degree if had refused to unload on uneven ground as well. Total ■■■■■. I hope it all goes well for you and best of luck.

Sorry to here about your hassle.
Is it possible that your company is looking to trim some numbers,because form what you described as happened hardly seems like a suspension or sacking offence.
If it was me I would get advice from an employment lawyer so you know exactly where you stand.
Hope everything works out for you.

alfa man:
Sorry to here about your hassle.
Is it possible that your company is looking to trim some numbers,because form what you described as happened hardly seems like a suspension or sacking offence.
If it was me I would get advice from an employment lawyer so you know exactly where you stand.
Hope everything works out for you.

i think this is the case but until i know where they intend to take it i can’t do much.

I was sent home on suspension. My contract said for a max 7 days. 6 weeks later I was forrced to resign. Got a brief on the case and it cost them £5k. Go to CAB for advice. that is where I started. Good luck.

A lot of people union bash but this is the reason Why i decided to join the TGU /Unite , Just in case .
They will offer you help .No one should be left in Limbo .
It seems were allways getting screwed whatever we do. ! :imp:

I joined the urtu when the wheels began to fall off the economy I’ll call them today to see bhow good they actually are.
What ■■■■■■ me off is business’s are clearly struggling and need to lay off staff but rather than be honest and pay statuary redundancy which is only 2 weeks pay for me they size on any mistake and try to makle it into misconduct to save £600 max. In my case redundancy means my mortgage is covered by insurance dismissal is a very gray area!!!

I’ve just had a call from work and they are dropping the disaplinery case against me !!! whooo whooo!!! seems like common sense does exist.
maybe it’s time for me to exit stage left at my own convenience.

take it as a warning
youve still got a job
metal against metal will always slide even on smooth ground
you knew it was a dodgy move but didnt get assistance
and didnt try to secure load to Moffat

see you at the party :smiley:

Hey Mr. B,

I’m glad you got a reprieve! :smiley:

Nice one :smiley:

That is good news indeed :slight_smile:

Ragnarok:
That is good news indeed :slight_smile:

Agreed just becareful for awhile just incase they are watching your very move

Great news mate. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am glad to here you have kept your job :slight_smile: but if i would watch your back because the first time you
do some thing wong you will be out the door good luck :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad this little incident has worked out in your favour :smiley:
Just need to be more careful in the future and watch yer back for the next few months, somebody else will make a mistake in that time and will become the next one at the top of the ‘can we get rid of them’ list!! :astonished: :astonished:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Thats good news MR b :smiley:

nice 1 matey boy. :sunglasses:

Great news, you’re back in the saddle again. They made the right decision, anyone can have an accident.