Sensible transport Ltd Henstridge Airfield, Henstridge,

Dear colleagues and old friends,

I have been offered a rather interesting job, well rewarded and fairly straightforward with the above company. I have done some research online and learnt a bit but before I was to commit I would love to hear your opinion please? Are they reputable ? Etc
I appreciate that it’s difficult to display your opinion publicly online without fears those days therefor please feel free to send me a a private message.
Thanks for your help
Monty

I have worked for the company its part of stobarts but they treat you very well and don’t rush you the pay is good you earn what you put in i wish I never left

Can’t comment on the hgv drivers, but the car preparation people are a bunch of loonatics.

Glad I’ve never bought a new car, as they drive them like they are in the WRX.

That’s normal most places you go the prep lads drive like lunatics

I thought they were part of the Stobart group which acquired them along with AutoLogic?

They are part of Stobart or at least under the umbrella of.

I just came back from an interview on site . What a joke ! Beware the trucks are absolutely knackered, not looked after and beyond anyone standards. No trucks no pay that’s the company policy as you are getting paid by the mileage and the load not the clocking time !! They are shorts of 80 drivers !!! Losing them like candies. The pay package advertised at £30k a year is misleading… It’s all a big joke.
Personally I’ll stay clear and rather drive for An agency ( sad) . I understand now why stobarts doesn’t advertise on the trucks or the uniforms.

Just confirms that interviews go both ways. They interview you and you interview them.

Hi sorry it was not for you yes the trucks are old there are newer ones coming but they are ex stobarts the wagon I had was a 56 reg Scania ran ok was maintained by Scania Doncaster. As for 30k a year vary easy to do I averaged £700 a week and when my truck was off the road for two days I was put in a hotel with meals and got paid £90 for the pleaser of watching TV. But if you want to drive new trucks give carlsons a ring or ecm

Happy to be corrected but i’m under the impression that Sensible doesn’t come under the Walon 2 pay agreement that the normal Stobart Automotive drivers benefit from.
£30k is not normal transporter pay except at the few remaining poor relations in the industry.

Anyone paying such money, all i can suggest is use them for free training and once up to speed bugger off to greener pastures.

However don’t expect state of the art training at the cheap end…one night i was loading cars at one of the runway-side car rental sites at LHR, there i met a bloke really struggling how to get a mixed load of 9 onto a 3 deck artic with car over the cab, yes one of those now thankfully rare proper artics with peak, he was a middle aged ex general haulage driver who had been sent out on his jack after ONE, one, 1, yes ONE days training, you couldn’t make it up.
I helped him out, though in a way that was wrong of me on so many levels but we look after each other out there when we can, not the lads fault his boss was/is an idiot, the company concerned deserved every single bit of damage that poor bloke, and others sent out equally ill equipped, would inevitably do.

There is nothing wrong with an old truck, I rather like them being old myself. Let me put it this way I went inside the truck from the passenger side ( the other side doesnt open from the outside) I have a quick look inside and came back down very quickly. I said to the guy " I have never seen a Scania with a leather seat, it’s different. Was it expensive at the time ? " he responded " no my friend, it’s not leather it’s grease ! " " but we have plastic covers "

( a long silence … )

Of course we could debate about the fact that we are working for £££ not image.