Sending off for my provisional fee?

Hi again! Passed the medical to day so filling out the forms for the provisional. I have a full car and motorcycle licence I assumed I will have to pay a fee for the HGV provisional entitlement but looking at the fees it says “Exchange” add entitlement to full licence free. Does this I don’t pay? I know that sounds stupid but I have to check. Also my photo card licence is pretty new so I shouldn’t need a new photo should I? Thanks again for all your wisdom[emoji2]

Oh another question sorry. When putting In an x for first provisional entitlement I chose C could I put an x in c1+e as well incase I get the chance to pass the c1+e in the future?

There is no fee for the provisional.

You should put a cross in Cat C (and Cat D) in case you might want to drive a bus one day.

There is no need to send a photo so you can ignore that section.

Make sure you keep your signature fully within the white box

LGVTrainer:

You should put a cross in Cat C (and Cat D) in case you might want to drive a bus one day.

I know somebody who ticked them all and in DVLA respect they sent him back with relevant ones and a pre-texted letter saying reasons he cant get some of them,

LGVTrainer:

Thanks that’s Great I have just been on the dvla site before I got this message so nice suprise I thought I had to pay!! [emoji2]

biker10:

LGVTrainer:

Thanks that’s Great I have just been on the dvla site before I got this message so nice suprise I thought I had to pay!! [emoji2]

Do you not think they charge enough, You might aswell apply for your Tachograph at same time however that costs you £35

Oh I know they charge enough lol. I’ve a wife and two kids so I’m always skint hahaha. So a free provional is welcomed!!

ScottishChris:
You might aswell apply for your Tachograph at same time however that costs you £35

yep! thats what I did and i put it in the same envelope. I called the DVLA and they said it happens a lot and when they realise there is payment in the envelope they process it correctly.

Well looks like I’ve done something wrong got my licence back no birth certificate and I can’t see any change on the licence!! No medical form back too! What do I look out for on the licence to know it’s changed??

Scratch that dvla is letting me book my theory now so should be sorted just expected some sort of code or something? Can’t see anything different?

There is no difference on the license but if you check your license online it should say C in the list of vehicles you can provisionally drive

If i remember correctly there should be C entitlement added at the back of the licence with dashes in thr dates field

Yeah it’s really confusing that they don’t add anything to your licence card but there’s the web site check my licence which lets you login and check what’s on your licence. I don’t understand why they don’t add at least something, but hey it’s a government dept.

Your birth certificate if you sent that off should be returned separately which I guess is a security measure.

Priest:
If i remember correctly there should be C entitlement added at the back of the licence with dashes in thr dates field

That just means you don’t hold full category C entitlement. Under the Third Driving Licence directive, current full driving licence photocards show all possible categories, with the categories not held crossed out. This was the way most other countries did it previously, but not the UK.

The only way to see your provisional entitlements is to view them using the online service, or phone DVLA to check.

Thanks everyone thought I was being stupid and couldn’t fill out a form lol. Will check out the website today to make sure then get the theory all booked!