Sending off documents

Hi, When i have had the medical and am ready to send off all completed forms & licence…is it a good idea to send them as recorded and signed for? Should i expect a long delay in having my licence returned to me due to the backlog?

Thankyou and enjoy your weekend!

Lou88:
Hi, When i have had the medical and am ready to send off all completed forms & licence…is it a good idea to send them as recorded and signed for? Should i expect a long delay in having my licence returned to me due to the backlog?

Recorded delivery AND scan them all (both sides) into your computer

A longer than normal delay is to be expected from many posts on this site

Thanks ROG, very much appreciated. Should anything happen and my licence does not get returned or “lost in transit”…will I have to cover the cost for a replacement? This is one of the things that concerns me most :confused:

Lou88:

100% send recorded and signed for, as for waiting time my application was received at DVLA on June 18th and I got it back yesterday, 29th July so a day under 6 weeks.
You can see if your licence is being processed here gov.uk/view-driving-licence . I got an email last week from them to say they’d ‘‘received’’ my licence and this week checked online and it was showing as renewed.

applecomson:

Lou88:

100% send recorded and signed for, as for waiting time my application was received at DVLA on June 18th and I got it back yesterday, 29th July so a day under 6 weeks.
You can see if your licence is being processed here gov.uk/view-driving-licence . I got an email last week from them to say they’d ‘‘received’’ my licence and this week checked online and it was showing as renewed.

Thats really helpful thankyou, almost 6 weeks is quite a while but not as long as I thought it would be. Hopefully mine will be back before I do the practical side of it :unamused: