Sending medical details to DVLA

Hi has anyone ever faxed/ emailed medical details to the DVLA?

My situation is that I have had a medical and sent off my licence to DVLA to have class 2 provisional put on.

The problem is that on the medical the doctor discovered I had a heart murmur. I have now had a scan and it’s nothing serious and ok to drive (already have PSV)

I’m collecting the test results tomorrow from the docs, but have contacted the DVLA medical department and as usual they were very vague and less than helpful!

What I want to know is how do I get these results to them to prove I’m ok to drive?

Any help much appreciated.

I’ve never heard of faxing/emailing to DVLA. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen - just that I’ve never come across it. If it were me, I’d copy the documents and send the original via Special Delivery to DVLA. That seems to work quite well.
BTW, glad the heart murmer is all ok.
Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Peter, will send it off by post and ring them every couple of days to hurry them up!

Hi,
I waited nearly 4 months for the DVLA to do nothing with my medical and scan (which showed an iregular heartbeat). I had a scare some years before which is why I had to have a scan. At first they were extremely unhelpful, blaming me, the Doctor, The Royal Mail and Uncle Tom Cobley until I threatened them with a written complaint. I eventually got to speak to the medical team who suggested I faxed any letters from my doctor or consultant to them showing that it was only a scare. My doctor faxed them the orginal letter from the consultant and I got my licence the next week. They never contacted my doctor! Ask the medical team for your case number and they will give you a fax number.
Good luck

If the DVLA see anything not absolutely spot on in your medical test results, they will send you a letter asking you to fill in some forms detailing any problems that they accuse you of having. Reply in a letter stating quite categorically that you do NOT suffer from the medical condition that they think you have. (assuming that is true).
Get a case reference number - ask for the MEDICAL TEAM at DVLA when you (eventually) get to the switchboard operator.
Phone the medical team at least once each week asking for progress.
After 1 month, they MUST resolve the case and issue a provisional license or formally refuse you a license.
If they refuse you, then you can appeal. Best to do so via your MP.
Be persistent on the phone.
Have they refused you a licence yet?
Have they asked for more details yet?

This all happened to me so I know.

Thanks for your help guys, have faxed them with the scan results today including a reference number. Only thing is the paper has no signature from a doctor on it. Will call DVLA tommorow to make sure they got it!