Sending licence back to DVLA between C and E

Hello I have passed the theory parts of the test and the practical for cat C. Do I need to have that category added to my licence before I can do the +E part? Or can I just go straight away?

I have checked my licence on the DVLA website and I already have provisional for CE, along with everything else.

The +E is added electronically, it won’t appear on your physical licence.

If you have your updated to Cat C licence in your hand then you are good to start training.

Hussar:
If you have your updated to Cat C licence in your hand then you are good to start training.

No i don’t have the updated licence, I have a provisional licence and I have passed the Cat C test. I would like to also pass the +E test then send the licence off to get both categories added. Is that possible? OR do I have to send licence to DVLA and back (to add the Cat C), then work on the +E when I have the licence back in hand?

do I have to send licence to DVLA and back (to add the Cat C), then work on the +E when I have the licence back in hand?

Yes

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I thought some people manage to do back to back C, then C+E.

I thought some people manage to do back to back C, then C+E.

It is legally impossible to do “back to back”. The expression is used when a candidate wants to do C followed by CE asap. But, being sensible, there will normally be a break of 3 or 4 weeks between courses.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: