Self employed sole trader

Hi I’m self employed builder at the minute but got my mod 4 in just over a week and will be going Down the agency route and was wondering can I stay self employed or would I have to go LTD or on PAYE umbrella which I keep seeing pop up not really sure what that is ?

You may find that they would want a ltd company or pay you via an umbrella.

Not convinced they would allow you to invoice from you as Self Employed…

The lot im with wont allow it, have to run my business separately and work on PAYE for an agency.

Ok so could I stay self employed and be paid PAYE and is umbrella PAYE sorry about this just need to sort it out this week thanks

Did the same this year,
Roofing to driver,
Only found one agency in my area that would pay me as self employed the rest said I need to go Ltd or umbrella,

The idea was to stay self employed and do odd days driving to gain experience and fizzle out my roofing business then get a full time job,

Only did one day on agency then was offered a full time job paye not through a agency,
If you want to stay self employed best to try the not so well know agencies in the area and all the big ones told me they could not do it that way.

Cheers

Just_Dave:
Did the same this year,
Roofing to driver,
Only found one agency in my area that would pay me as self employed the rest said I need to go Ltd or umbrella,

The idea was to stay self employed and do odd days driving to gain experience and fizzle out my roofing business then get a full time job,

Only did one day on agency then was offered a full time job paye not through a agency,
If you want to stay self employed best to try the not so well know agencies in the area and all the big ones told me they could not do it that way.

Cheers

Ahh right I’m gonna try and see if I can stay self employed so I can build still but get payed thru umbrella thru them

If your keeping the building going then you should be fine staying sole trader. Ltd does have better tax advantages