Self employed night out money

Just landed a job on the walking floor trailers its self employed what’s the tax free allowance for night out and meals

Thanks for any info

What does every body else claim for ■■? As a tax free allowance there must be more than me doing this

I follow the hmrc guideline amount from this document
hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM66130.htm

So 75% of £34.90 it is for me.

Steve

If your self employed,anything you spend is a business expense therefore claimable I would think

The-Snowman:
If your self employed,anything you spend is a business expense therefore claimable I would think

Nope. When it comes to subsistence there are limits imposed and criteria to be met.

Are you working for more than one company? HMRC are clamping down on disguised employment.

mucker85:
Are you working for more than one company? HMRC are clamping down on disguised employment.

I run my on business as well this new driving job so I will be ok

taz1972:
Just landed a job on the walking floor trailers its self employed what’s the tax free allowance for night out and meals

Thanks for any info

If you’re an employee of a company or have formed your own limited company and are engaged and employed as a ‘Lorry Driver’, you can claim your ‘Lorry Drivers Overnight Subsistence’ and other lorry driver tax free allowances from the HMRC. (Google Lorry Drivers Overnight Subsistence)

If you are ‘self employed’ trading as a sole trader, you can not claim any tax free allowances as a Lorry Driver from the HMRC (This also includes owner drivers)

Best to check if your ‘self employment’ is as a Sole Trader or as a Ltd Company first. (There is a huge difference between the two!)

‘Ltd’ is the way forward for ‘lorry drivers’. It gives drivers an insight into just how much haulage companies claim on the drivers behalf. This is rarely passed on to the driver. For example ‘night out’ , in cab rate’ is currently £26.20 per night, tax free.

Another example, the ‘meal allowance’ for mobile workers, upto £15 per shift can be claimed, most companies only pass a fraction of these ‘reliefs’ onto its drivers.

I understand it doesn’t appeal to most but surely a few ‘friends’ could work together under the cover of a ‘Limited company’ and live a better life.

Stick together and achieve more!