Self employed freelance ltd co

so come on how many of ya are set up this way

me

Yup

bobdebouwer:
Yup

Do you work through an agency or direct if direct do you need public liability ins ?

ive got it cause some agencies ask for it 56 quid for 1 mil from ceta insurance

Limited Co, mixture of agency & direct (20/80). No PL Ins, have never been asked for it and don’t see the need for it.

I do have PL for other work I do (non truck related) £65 for 10mil cover

bjd:

bobdebouwer:
Yup

Do you work through an agency or direct if direct do you need public liability ins ?

I have my own contracts. You do not need any PL insurance as the policies are worded so that anyone working for a company is covered by the employers policy.

This is generally any “employee” paid for by or on behalf of the company, either permanent or temporary.

I do ,however, have my own PL insurance. Mainly, just to give myself peace of mind, £132 for £2mil.

I did speak to an agency but they were taking the ■■■■. £1 extra for LTD over PAYE, politely told them where to shove it.

Some S/E Class 1 drivers around Aberdeen are charging as little as £12.50ph for 8 hours then £14ph after. I am charging £14/15ph first 8 and £20ph after and been offered as many hours as I can legally do and get the lorry home.

Quick question. If an agency advertise £10/hr and your vat reg do you invoice £10+vat or £10inc vat??

jc69817:
Quick question. If an agency advertise £10/hr and your vat reg do you invoice £10+vat or £10inc vat??

Plus Vat. If you’re vat registered just advise them when you sign up

Cheers pal. Thought as much

Don’t forget to put your VAT number on every invoice.