Self employed expenses.

Will be staying in b&b Monday too Friday for a few months and obviously claiming for the cost of them.

Could somebody tell me what I can claim for on top of this without reciepts.
Will get an accountant at the end of tax year but wanted too work out how much to set aside.

If anyone knows a decent accountant for Lorry drivers that would also be handy, cheers.

Think I have it, 3 meals a day at £5.00 a meal plus £5.00 for incidentals. £20.00.
Will not be having breakfast at digs.

Would still like the number of a half decent accountant that knows what a lorry driver can claim. Thanks.

If you are truly self employed, maybe this is of interest.

HMRC’s view is that the cost of meals taken away from the place of business is not in general an allowable business expense as everyone must eat in order to live. Note that this is different to the treatment of employees (see below).

However, they do accept that extra allowable costs may be incurred where a business is by its nature itinerant (eg commercial travellers) or where occasional business journeys outside the normal pattern are made.

Where a business trip requires a stay away from home the hotel accommodation and reasonable overnight subsistence costs will be allowable.

Where the base of operations is away from home, and overnight accommodation and subsistence is incurred to allow the person to be at or close to the base of operations, then the expenditure will not be allowable.