Self employed courier jobs...yeah right!

Thought this might be worth a look and a laugh by some of you on here…their website is worth a look

ukdriving.org/driving/

Can be a good laugh. the voice over woman though, i recognise her voice, she’s been in other things.

Seen this featured on a number of scam sites over the last year or so - you have to pay £50 up front, which is always a bad sign, & the guy who runs it seems to go by at least two different names from what I recall. I like the bit on the webpage where it says ‘apply by midnight tonight’ with today’s date. Come back in a couple of days/weeks/months time & it will still be there. The term ‘bargepole’ leaps to mind.

Seen this before - SCAM AVOID
All you get is a book telling you to buy a van -tax and insure it and start looking for work - the more you do the more you “could” be doing and your getting closer and closer to these dream jobs .
I smell that horse again.

Adam_Mc:
Thought this might be worth a look and a laugh by some of you on here…their website is worth a look

ukdriving.org/driving/

Can be a good laugh. the voice over woman though, i recognise her voice, she’s been in other things.

Man, look at this rates… And they tell you how to cut fuel costs in half! I have to tell my boss about this. Do you think they accept sprinter vans as well? :smiley:

I am amazed that anybody could fall for this. If they have access to regular work which pays twice as much as artic rates then they would simply sub it out to established courier firms.

The clue is in the fact that they want £49 from anybody wishing to help them to do this (imaginary) work. This is on a par with those adverts telling people that they are only a few weeks away from earning £40,000 a year as an LGV driver, working whatever hours suits them just so long at they ■■■■■ their redundancy payment on the lessons, there are desperate people around at the moment who are sadly ripe to be exploited.

Hey, I used to be a courier! I can give you the real secret of making big bucks as a self-employed courier! Do the following!

1. Buy a van!
  2. Insure it!
  3. Telephone lots of companies and ask for work!

Now you can earn £1,000 a day for doing virtually nothing!*

That will be £25 please!

*By consenting to read beyond “Hey” you are deemed to have entered into a contract with Leggit & Scarper Ltd. By insert the word “can” we are indemnified against claims resulting from any alternative outcomes, even though this scheme is likely to bankrupt most people. The list above also includes; 4. Be incredibly lucky, and 5. Work like a slave.

:stuck_out_tongue:

If it looks too good to be true it probably is springs to mind,what a joke trouble is in todays financial climate there are people out there who will fall for this scam out of sheer desperation.
regards dave.