Self employed/ADR/Esentual

Anyone else had the phone call to say they`ve been massively overpaid since becoming s/e in November and can we have our money back please?
Esentual/ADR (same company) mucked it up big time. Hundreds of blokes involved. Anyone on here?

What’s massively overpaid?

Think you’d notice.

Not a good time to go debt collecting, who do they think they are? The council?? :laughing:

Ha! Yeh, been getting £11-01 p/h instead of £9 since November. I never thought to mention it to them. :laughing: On another contract I was getting £10-15 for the first 8hrs then £15p/h instead of £7/£10-50

Hundreds of blokes round the country affected and not one of`em thought to phone in and tell them of their error!
Makes me proud it does!

Theres usually one big gob isnt there?

They`re asking for 50% of it back at £20 per week. Which is ok I suppose, I was expecting it.

Those rates sound poor for self employed■■?

if they are taking it back out of your wages it might be a good time to find a new agency.

waynedl:
Those rates sound poor for self employed■■?

But if its through agency its not really ‘self employed’,just a way to make the workforce more flexible!
They’ve paid you rate’s more like what they should be,even though by mistake,thats their hard luck,whats the worst that could happen?A parasite agency go bust!Soon to be replaced by yet another?

mac12:
if they are taking it back out of your wages it might be a good time to find a new agency.

He’s self employed so he doesn’t get wages.

cheekymonkey:
They`re asking for 50% of it back at £20 per week. Which is ok I suppose, I was expecting it.

Tell them its tough and that they don’t have an automatic right to the money back because you’re not an employee on PAYE and that if they fail to pay the future invoices you send, you’ll take them to court. Also say that if they’re thinking of not giving you any more work as a punishment that as you’re a Ltd Company you can just go to their clients direct undercutting them. Also remind them that as you were not an employee of the agency then any conditions they have about the client and any charges they make to a client taking on an agency employee are not applicable.

That’ll nark em. :smiling_imp:

i wouldnt be paying them back, i would tell them " i thought it was an enhanced rate for doing such a good job ". :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

just think this is your chance to screw an agency over… how much work are you getting off them at the moment.

another option tell them you will start paying them back when you are getting 65 hours in a week.

mac12:

I was “only” over paid by £598, so will have to pay back £299, but there was a bloke who got over £2000! Hell be a bit miffed atm and hell be offski to another agency no doubt.

Im £299 up. Thats the way I see it. Im not bothered by the fact I have to pay it back.

I agree the rates arent great, they never are in the north east. People who say blimey those arent good rates don`t often offer any great advice on how to get things better.

I dont work for £9 ph through choice. Id prefer £17p/h and time and a half. (because I`m not greedy) Mon-Fri please.

jessicas dad:
i wouldnt be paying them back, i would tell them " i thought it was an enhanced rate for doing such a good job ". :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

just think this is your chance to screw an agency over… how much work are you getting off them at the moment.

another option tell them you will start paying them back when you are getting 65 hours in a week.

Hi JD, I`ve a good relationship with them and been there a while. Its quiet at the moment, but they seem to be sharing it out ok.
I have told them that theres no way I will pay anything back until I get a liveable wage. I only did 1 day last week!
They agreed to this and agree its reasonable.

As for undercutting them, well back here on Planet Earth we have to deal with realities unfortunately. Most agencies work with National companies like Wincanton or Morrisons. Does anyone think these guys will deal with any number of individual drivers from all over the place all submitting their invoices. Making God knows how many phone calls to get drivers ect.
The only way this could work is maybe with the small operators where a more personal relationship is developed, but not many of those about.

cheekymonkey:

mac12:

I was “only” over paid by £598, so will have to pay back £299, but there was a bloke who got over £2000! Hell be a bit miffed atm and hell be offski to another agency no doubt.

Im £299 up. Thats the way I see it. Im not bothered by the fact I have to pay it back.

I agree the rates arent great, they never are in the north east. People who say blimey those arent good rates don`t often offer any great advice on how to get things better.

I dont work for £9 ph through choice. Id prefer £17p/h and time and a half. (because I`m not greedy) Mon-Fri please.

I was referring more to the £7 you posted. But even £9 is poor for S/E I think, £10 minimum in most places, and I still stay PAYE.

You’re earning more than I am at the moment :smiley: