Select plant hire london/south of england

just wondering on the above company, have they much work on in the said areas, if so, what would the money be like, and what are they like to work for?

They’ll have plenty of work, they’re owned by Laing O’Rourke (Select are the plant hire side).

Had a mate worked there about 2 years ago was a great jo good money ect but a few got layed off they have office on the dartford ect but there where closing one on there so maybe things have picked up theres a depot in erith that’s still going

They still have a depot at Erith and also St Neots which covers the south of England too and they are advertising on there website in the careers section weekly paided vacancies I work for them out 1 of there East Midlands depots delivering concrete products but the work out of the south east depots will proberbly be on the plant/crane side of things proberbly .Money wise I think it’s salary weekly paided + night out but some of plant depots are on different T and c’s to where I’m based .

Greggo:
They still have a depot at Erith and also St Neots which covers the south of England too and they are advertising on there website in the careers section weekly paided vacancies I work for them out 1 of there East Midlands depots delivering concrete products but the work out of the south east depots will proberbly be on the plant/crane side of things proberbly .Money wise I think it’s salary weekly paided + night out but some of plant depots are on different T and c’s to where I’m based .

thanks mate
I have a mate driving tower cranes for them in london, I was his banksman for a few years, he says that on that side of things they are flat out and paid well. I might hang the keys up and work on the tower cranes again if I can’t get any driving with them! I’ve sent them an email with cv so will wait to hear back!
How do you find driving for them greggo? You happy enough with them?

irishexpat:

Greggo:

thanks mate
I have a mate driving tower cranes for them in london, I was his banksman for a few years, he says that on that side of things they are flat out and paid well. I might hang the keys up and work on the tower cranes again if I can’t get any driving with them! I’ve sent them an email with cv so will wait to hear back!
How do you find driving for them greggo? You happy enough with them?

I find them good to work I decided to come to work for them last April/May as it was a guaranteed full time position and guaranteed money from a agency and haven’t looked back since the work I do is mainly Precast concrete to sites it’s a pretty steady number and the money’s in the bank every week with no issues . They are busy with work all over not just London but have a lot of work inside the M25 and seem very busy on the crane side of things and also the plant side with a lot of ongoing projects and jobs . all I can say is I sent my CV vier email to depot I’m based at though a general enquiry and I got me job vier that line of enquiry as they like to set people on direct and don’t use agencies .