Selbys garage (woodhouse)

Yes mate but his hip and knew are knackered

breedy:
Breedy.

y 77sgl was until recently running filter cake to rugby owned by w.a cope transport they also got a couple more of the fodens with the lower bodies on the same job.

I ve just had a two week holiday in coalville…as soon as I pulled onto the M25 out of heathrow the first tipper I passed was a selbys Iveco (whatever that is eight wheeler) it looked brand new and was heading towards the M1 . I thought the congestion in England was horrible. I haven’t driven truck there since the 1970 s when eight wheelers grossed out at 24 ton. Eddie stobart and maritime seem to rule the roost…what happened to all the big tipper operators ? I drove a hire car for about a thousand miles and after that I need another holiday. cant say I like those horrible big roundabouts that have sprung up everywhere.

all the big tipper operators round here sold their fleets off and subbed-out the work.Redland and ECCQ used to about the best jobs going back in the day.

carryfast-yeti:
all the big tipper operators round here sold their fleets off and subbed-out the work.Redland and ECCQ used to about the best jobs going back in the day.

Hi carryfast just found this tonite I presume you drive for them if so is Pete Dorflor still on for them? I,m asking cos he were my best man and not been in touch with him for many a while. He left Tallis n Cresswell n I had his mount Mickey Mouse 8 wheeler n then followed him to Emmersons

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

Hi carryfast just found this tonite I presume you drive for them if so is Pete Dorflor still on for them? I,m asking cos he were my best man and not been in touch with him for many a while. He left Tallis n Cresswell n I had his mount Mickey Mouse 8 wheeler n then followed him to Emmersons

Wrong wrong wrong posted before I should have. Giffneck the man I should be asking , soz

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

bit of a late reply! but,no i didn’t work for Selby’s,i was on for Redland as a temp.,then Wesmores.i worked out of 'sorrel for 17 years or so.some great lads in there then :slight_smile: - can’t recall Pete…
the only Mickey Mouse in there in my time,was David Cooper’s,the Coal Merchant in the village.

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

bit of a late reply! but,no i didn’t work for Selby’s,i was on for Redland as a temp.,then Wesmores.i worked out of 'sorrel for 17 years or so.some great lads in there then :slight_smile: - can’t recall Pete…
the only Mickey Mouse in there in my time,was David Cooper’s,the Coal Merchant in the village.

Bit late!!■■ No problem thanks any way. I did a few loads out of there used a credit card type thing to load dry under the hoppers, no shovelling off. Had a few weeks tipping dust for Whitmore n Hickens. Into the quarry hole, up to the edge without even a brick end to stop you plunging to your death, H n S?

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

Bit late!!■■ No problem thanks any way. I did a few loads out of there used a credit card type thing to load dry under the hoppers, no shovelling off. Had a few weeks tipping dust for Whitmore n Hickens. Into the quarry hole, up to the edge without even a brick end to stop you plunging to your death, H n S?

yes we used to do a lot of that when on day-work (working in the quarry all day).the shovel drivers liked us to get as far back to the edge as possible! :open_mouth:

Yes C Y not for the faint hearted. Only did the odd load out of there with W n H then only dry. Latish 70s they decided to coat concreted end of M1 n Redland got it. Used to take pre mixed stone down to mixing plant bottom of M10. I were on for Emmerson 5loads a week but my God there must have been every tipper firm in a 30ml radius carting it down. Emmos were putting 8 a day n Jones of Aldrige more Must have been a large tonnage. Good payer mind cheers Paul

Looks like an Aberdeen reg number ?

Remember them well always a tidy fleet. Still where they started not many firms have managed that.

ex-Selbys IIR, still working in Walsall
DSC_0022 by richellis1978, on Flickr
DSC_0035 by richellis1978, on Flickr

richellis78:
ex-Selbys IIR, still working in Walsall
DSC_0022 by richellis1978, on Flickr
DSC_0035 by richellis1978, on Flickr

She stands well, good few years left in her yet

Last for years that will, my last ‘new’ Foden was already twelve years old when I got it and I had almost three years out of it and then a lad in Buxton had it for a few more! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
Last for years that will, my last ‘new’ Foden was already twelve years old when I got it and I had almost three years out of it and then a lad in Buxton had it for a few more! :wink:

Pete.

My first were 15yr old n lasted for a good few after n then there’s Edgar Waines!!!

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

Hi coomsey sorry for the late reply but I’ve not been on here for ages! Indeed Pete Dorfler does still work for us he’s 65 next year and I think he may carry on. If you tell me your full name I’ll relay that you were asking after him cheers

Punchy Dan:

Good photos Dan!