seems dangerous to me, but fitter says its fine,is it

couldnt get the top deck to come down on my decker today , tried everything but no good[ night lad had problems last night , but eventually got it to go.
so rang in and fitter came out, shows him the problem and he said the computers not telling the failsafe bars to go back into place , so he jumps up in back , hits them back with his HANDS :open_mouth: , then down it commes alright
so he says thats all you do, now i said im not going under that deck and hitting them bars back by hand because once youve hit the last one back theres nothing in theory to stop that deck flattening you if whatever holds it up [hydraulics i guess] fail, but fitter says it will not come down , if hes right , whats the point of those failsafe bars :question:
all sounds dodgy to me , or am i worrying to much.
n.b explained this to night shift lad and he said fitter will be comming out to hit the bars back as like me he not going under deck

health and safety at work act states you are responsible for your safety and the safety of those around you. If your unsure don’t do it. If he gets difficult go to your superior and state that your not happy and ask for it to be clarified. I certainly wouldn’t trust hydraulics.

Like you say the safety bars are there for a reason and if you by-pass and there is an accident you’d be fully liable possibly even flattened.

if the hydrolics are fine then it should be ok the failsafe bars are there for if the hydrolics fail

play them at their own game ady…

everytime you need to use the top deck give the fitter a call :smiling_imp: they will soon fix it then.

lazy fitter, thats the problem. all he would of had to do is give the mechanism a clean and a grease and it would be fine.

DONT DO IT.full stop! them failsafes are there for 1 reason.

Ech, this fitters…

One day my lorry was pulling to the right (wheels needed adjustment or something)

Fitters in Ryder told me “Mechanically everything is all right, you can drive”.

I told them “So if mechanically everything is all right, please call the lorry-shrink to convince her to drive straight”.

The case finished in arguement between my boss and his boss, but finally they fixed that for me :wink:

orys:
Ech, this fitters…

One day my lorry was pulling to the right (wheels needed adjustment or something)

Fitters in Ryder told me “Mechanically everything is all right, you can drive”.

I told them “So if mechanically everything is all right, please call the lorry-shrink to convince her to drive straight”.

The case finished in arguement between my boss and his boss, but finally they fixed that for me :wink:

I had a similar problem with the jeep when the tyres were not balanced properly, took it back to the garage and the guy said they were only a little bit off. best thing to say to them is, would you be happy or p***ed off if that was you vehicle and you had forked out ÂŁ450 on 3 tyres? and then gave him a 30 min lecture on what damage it could of done :laughing: :laughing: revenge is sweet!!! :grimacing:

As a rule of thumb when wondering if something is safe when the fitter says it is, ask him to put it in writing that the deck is safe when you push them by hand (or whatever else you are worried about). My guess is that he wont and that gives you your answer.

–bob–:
As a rule of thumb when wondering if something is safe when the fitter says it is, ask him to put it in writing that the deck is safe when you push them by hand (or whatever else you are worried about). My guess is that he wont and that gives you your answer.

You’re bang on the money Bob. Just fill in a defect form, date,time and signed and ask him to sign it off for you.