Seeking H.G.V C+E - A.D.R (New Member)

Thank you for the positive thoughts and replies guys it is very much appreciated…I’m a very flexible person will a lot to offer and will do anything that pays the bills…I’m no snob and will get my hands dirty…Eddie Stobart do the N.A.A.F.I deliveries i believe. This contract will soon disappear when the forces pull out in 2017-18… I have already sent them an email seeing if they have any tramping work into Europe but have heard nothing yet. I’ll probably call them this time because I’m sure emails aren’t always read or will be filtered out for SPAM mail.

The list of qualifications gained is only to show what I’m capable of. My C.V will be tailored per job interview - application. It allows for different paths or routes to future employment that I could follow.

Please keep the advice coming guys and I thank you for taking the time. It’s always nice meeting ex forces who have some of the issues that i’m sure i’ll encounter lol… But please non military guys who have offered some wise comments don’t be put off with the forces part…I’m on this side of the wire now and looking forward to working with you guys on the roads of Europe.

Regards

Jay

Hi you could give these a ring i know it agency but it my be the only way to get a start

http://www.fish4.co.uk/job/1953657/kent/hgv-c-e-experienced-international-drivers-urgently-needed-?cmpid=Aggregator_Indeed_Organic

Welcome Thomas.

Stobart could be a good course for you matey. They have new contract in germany atm and running a fair few trucks over there. I actually delivered to Neuss last week and parked up at the SVK just off the a46 not a million miles from you :slight_smile:

Its mostly running to a little east of hannover (lovely little own) and running to the factorys in the UK. they also run to switzerland and possibly other locations in europe soon. Pay is acceptable and more than you`ll pick up tramping UK only, apparently its advertirtised at 38K per annum, in reality its a little more tho :wink: its a steady enough number.

S&K also run alot in europe but i know nothing about what or where they run.

Good luck all the same in whatever you choose.

stupidn00b:
Welcome Thomas.

Stobart could be a good course for you matey. They have new contract in germany atm and running a fair few trucks over there. I actually delivered to Neuss last week and parked up at the SVK just off the a46 not a million miles from you :slight_smile:

Its mostly running to a little east of hannover (lovely little own) and running to the factorys in the UK. they also run to switzerland and possibly other locations in europe soon. Pay is acceptable and more than you`ll pick up tramping UK only, apparently its advertirtised at 38K per annum, in reality its a little more tho :wink: its a steady enough number.

S&K also run alot in europe but i know nothing about what or where they run.

Good luck all the same in whatever you choose.

Thank you very much for the tips buddy… Very welcomed…So you work for Eddie?.. I’ll Google these H.G.V companies. What’s the name of the company that runs to Hannover? I’ll have to get some more information - research etc done me thinks ha-ha… It’s these guys company websites or job forums. I’ll have to do a lot more hunting lol. I don’t mind tramping all over Europe to be honest. I aren’t bound to the house… i’ll pretty much do any job.

Only been retired from the armed forces 6 months after a wonderful 23 years but already the wife is doing my head in and may just yet end up in the bottom of the garden under my “NOT” planned conservatory lol… never knew she was so annoying ha-ha…Help get me out of here!!!

its stobarts that run to east of of hannover. that a2 is a long slog tho from getting on at wolfensburg to the a40 at oberhausen, iirc 210 miles without needing an exit :open_mouth: They where advertising for drivers for this contract a few weeks ago full time. alot slag stobarts off (i was one a few years ago lol) but each to their own. Good clean easy work enough said tbh…

kinda know what you mean about the missus, i been home 4 days and cant wait to get back to the truck tomorrow for the peace and quiet for a few weeks haha.

stupidn00b:
its stobarts that run to east of of hannover. that a2 is a long slog tho from getting on at wolfensburg to the a40 at oberhausen, iirc 210 miles without needing an exit :open_mouth: They where advertising for drivers for this contract a few weeks ago full time. alot slag stobarts off (i was one a few years ago lol) but each to their own. Good clean easy work enough said tbh…

kinda know what you mean about the missus, i been home 4 days and cant wait to get back to the truck tomorrow for the peace and quiet for a few weeks haha.

I hear ya mate think they do it (the wives) on purpose to make us WANT to go to work ha-ha… I don’t mind long slogs etc… after all there’s a lot of that over here on (boring roads-routes)… done a lot of miles on these German autobahns… use to commute daily to my Army base nearly 200 km’s per day 50 mins to an 1 hour each way… lol…So i’m use to pounding the tarmac etc.

Regards

Jay

can you stay in Germany I don’t see any advantage in coming back
still apply to UK companies though

hitch:
can you stay in Germany I don’t see any advantage in coming back
still apply to UK companies though

@ Hitch… NO I can stay here mate…I bought a house here, married a local girl 23 yrs ago, son 21 years old…even a Jack Russell dog so have the full package lol… True, I’m not returning when there is no requirement…Don’t get me wrong I love England - Great Britain but I’ve been here in Germany since early 1991…I’d NEVER want to surrender the British Passport etc…I do like Germany though. U.K is in my blood and always will be but not to live unless I fall on severe hard times would I sell up.

Regards

Jay