Seeking H.G.V - A.D.R tramping work in Germany - Europe

Good Evening,
I’m seeking advice. I would like to introduce myself; I’m Jason Thomas (Jay), 42 years old, married 23 years a son of 21. I currently hold a full clean driving licence & 10 years United Kingdom Passport.

I have recently retired from the British Armed forces after completing 23 years military service. Please do not think that I think this will open all doors just because I have serve in the Armed forces. I’m a realistic mature person and I appreciate I will probably have to work a lot harder to compete against others applying for the same jobs that I’m interested. I look forward to the challenges ahead for my chosen future career.

During a very successful military career I have achieved a wide range of different life experiences. Acquiring many interchangeable skills that are required to succeed in today’s world. These skills I’ve learned will benefit most if not all companies. My work ethic is second to none showing myself to be self-motivated, organised and capable of working under pressure. I have a clear, logical mind with a practical approach to problem solving and a drive to see things through to completion. I have a “Can Do” attitude. I have years of experience working on my own. I can work using my own initiative or when I’m part of a team. In short, I’m very loyal, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking. I have a clean smart appearance with a bubbly approachable personality. I’m not scared to work hard or long hours to achieve results. I’m eager to learn and have a genuine interest with this potential new career opportunity. I aim to bring some of my zest, knowledge and life experiences to your company.

Driving Categories

A, B, B+E, B1, C, C+E, C1E, D1, D1E, H (Iv’e held the Cat C+E cat since 1997)

I hold the following,

Tachometer Driver’s card. (Run Out Date Sept 2018)

Full 5 years Driver C.P.C card. (R.O.D Sept 2019)

A.D.R Certificate R.O.D April 2018.

Classifications held, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 having experience in A.D.R for over 20 years. (All the above A.D.R categories are also in H.G.V tankers).

Plant Licences red card held,

1. Excavator 180 below 5 tonnes.
  2. Excavator 180 above 5 tonnes.
  3. Dump Truck - Articulated Chassis (H.D.T). All sizes.
  4. H.G.V - H.I.A.B Hydraulic Clamp.

Forklift Truck.

1. Reach - 3.7 Meters Height. Weight 1200 KG (B1 category).
  2. Counterbalance - 7 Meters Height. Weight 1600 KG (D1 category).

The above licences ONLY show I have a strong willingness to learn new things being very proactive when it comes to my work ethic’s and are not meant to intimate anybody.

The drama I have is which is my only negative one…(I don’t see it like a show stopper) I’m currently living overseas in Germany and do not intend to live return back to U.K full time. I’m seeking tramping work in - from U.K - across Europe. I’m unsure or aware if company’s here offer these opportunities so thought I would ask on this forum message page. I live approximately 20 minutes from Dortmund — North West Germany. I speak a good standard of the German language, hold a German security number & have full German health insurance cover…so in all aspects am ready to go. I just need some good leads, websites - chat forums that could help me further.

I apologise that this is a long winded message but thought more information is better than less. Please advise me further or any leads people may be able to offer. These qualifications will be tailored to a specific job - role(s) and not be sent out in my completed C.V. I wouldn’t want to scared off any potential employer I suppose it can be pretty intimidating to most employee’s having a list like the one above. I’m only posting on here what licences I hold so people can gauge what I could offer a potential new company. (Of course who do a lot of work in Germany - Europe)

For my private email address please feel free to ask for it so we can use it for all future correspondences.

I look forward to your replies, whether they be positive or negative…all advice will be taken on board and very much appreciated. I would however like to thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this message.

Regards

Jason Thomas

Wow Jay, is there anything you don’t hold to do with trucking. That’s impressive, well to me it is anyway. I want to do as much as I can just like you all feathers in the cap. Good luck with your new career path pal

Just an idea but you may get a fuller answer on the euro driving forum :bulb:
good luck :slight_smile:

for what its worth for Euro work your in the place you want to work In Europe Mainland, also have a good standard of the German language so would it not be better to look where you are after all your closer for interviews etc and have the relevant documentation…

I agree totally with all the comments made but i’m trying to work for a U.K based company that do the European circuit for two main reasons… firstly the Germany taxation is between 40-45% per month and secondly I’d like to keep a foot print in U.K where possible i.e for Nat.Ins contributions.

I know it sounds mad but even though i live here and settled…I still would like to be a contributor to our system. I have posted on various sites this is not the only one I’ve used. I’m just covering all bases allowing for more follow ups. I thank you for your comments though guys.

Regards

Jay

J.l.thomas71:
I agree totally with all the comments made but i’m trying to work for a U.K based company that do the European circuit for two main reasons… firstly the Germany taxation is between 40-45% per month and secondly I’d
> like to keep a foot print in U.K where possible i.e for Nat.Ins contributions

I know it sounds mad but even though i live here and settled…I still would like to be a contributor to our system. I have posted on various sites this is not the only one I’ve used. I’m just covering all bases allowing for more follow ups. I thank you for your comments though guys.

Regards

Jay

think you can do that anywhere you live if your thinking about pension rights …
as for getting into the euro driving from the uk from what I’ve seen etc its P Poor fella
Good luck though and as you said you gotta cover every base you can.

@ Nick thanks for the wise words mate…Much appreciated.

Regards

Jay